F*****g Ticks!!

bewsher500

Have just come back from a 3 day trip in Mull and in that time I can honestly say I have seen and removed more ticks than I have done in over 30 combined years of stalking

unbelievable numbers
many of them are so small that barely show up until attached and causing an irritation

I have pulled 20-30 of the area between my upper calf and lower thigh
another 10-15 off my hip and the backs of my thighs

I have not considered Rovince or other anti tick clothing but am now seriously looking into it

my problem is that the prospect of either wearing another layer or not being able to open, remove or ventilate is going to cause more discomfort to me as I sweat buckets climbing up a 3000ft peak with a rifle etc. (I do appreciate the severity of the alternative of catching Lyme's disease)

what are people wearing and how effective vs comfortable are they?
From what I can see it is a barrier protection, i.e ticks cannot penetrate the material and any gap presents a break in the protection.
am not aware of ticks penetrating any material when they can walk in through a waist band, cuff, collar, trouser leg, sock...

am I missing something here?

I like how you've had time to remove ticks, but not time to email me an update on how the ***** bullets worked on stags in the 300 WM:D

Just smear your entire body with a thick coating of Vaseline.

That should do the trick.

Or engine oil.

Just smear your entire body with a thick coating of Vaseline.

That should do the trick.

Or engine oil.

think I will take my chances or find an alternative...

prospect of sliding my way up the hill smeared in vaseline makes me shudder!

I have bought some Permethrin spray which you spray onto your clothes from lifesystems £6.99 for a spray can. It is supposed to be good for 2 washes. I will try it out on the SD stalking week.
Before any body cries out about safety of Permethrin, I know that it is an insecticide containing 0.49% Permethrin.It is used in aircraft sprays to kill insects. Next time a cabin crew comes by you spraying, especially long haul. I read some of the empty cans and that's the stuff.
it certainly kills the insects including cockroaches, ( which are bl***y difficult to kill.

I was an absolute tick magnet until I bought the rovince shirt and trousers. In two years I have not had a tick while wearing them.

that toxic shizzle sounds just the trick.
on my shopping list

pulled two off my dick!!
10" apart....
most unpleasant
not the kind of red swelling I was after!

Isn't it really hot wearing that stuff?
i was basically wearing a shirt under a waterproof breathable coat
most if the time the coat was open it was so warm

I wear it with no issues at all, if I do sweat when out on warmer days it's definetly not down to the Rynoskins.

ATB

Bryan

+1 for rovince very good gear only worn it on half a dozen stalks so far but seems well made

Last edited:
Lol the prospect of you sliding your ass down the hill coverd in Vaseline makes me shudder . Don't know about you.

I always change out of my stalking clothes as soon as I can after stalking . If possible have a shower.

chill

Back