roedale precision

swarovski

Ive emailled them 3 times now concerning a rcs1 stock and had no reply, anybody else had any dealings wiith them, cheers swaro

They have a bit of a reputation for slow communication and delivery.

Having said that, I've been quite happy with the service when I have ordered stock and muzzle brake: delivered on time.

We've had numerous threads over the yrs about poor this and poor that from them its easy to research anything on here should you wish to purchase from an unknown buisness you haven't used before .i would always have a look at the history on here before a biggish purchase .
Good luck
norma

Thanks spud, I wouldnt want to part with hundreds of pounds and have to wait 8 to 10 weeks for a stock I mite not get, best they would of done was a deposit off me, cheers swaro

His reputation is in Tatters in this Country but he must be doing ok in Germany. He has developed some nice equipment and seems to keep going ok over there.

Yorkie.

I purchased an modular moderator off them 2-3 years ago. After 40 rounds it blew off my barrell stripping the threading out of the mod.mi contacted them but they didn't want to know, they had a real crap attitude about it. I will never ever buy anything off them again.

Gents. The comments posted here range from spot on ( thankyou Yorkie) to blatent lies.

1. RCS 1 stocks are not available because of the fact that AI cannot supply the older MK1 side pannels due to the fact that the mold wore out. Reading the product description on the RCS II makes this apparent. We only Sell the RCS II these days. Retrofitting the older or even the current AICS side pannels is possible.. that info is also obtainable from the product description. Any customers who are unable to understand that from the product description and enquiring about the RCS 1 are replied to with a standard email stating exactly what i just stated.

2. Yes our / my reputation suffered in the past in the UK due to a collection of reasons incuding the fact that at one time i was only part time, including that I chose to care for my elderly(Alzheimers / Cancer afflicted) parents rather than concentrate on my business, including bieng let down by some suppliers, including changes to the US export laws and including getting a divorce. Anyone who has cared for the elderly / infirm or been through a divorce will be able to relate to that, anyone who has been in business will be able to relate to what happens when suppliers let you down, anyone who owned a pistol will be able to relate to annoying changes in the law / regulations..

3. Items such as Magazines and bottom metals have a delivery time, if it took 6 weeks, then it probably had a 6 week delivery time displayed when ordered.

4. Sound Moderator warranty issued: Should all be dealt with by Sportsman Gun Centre. Whilst i realise that dealing with Sportsmans can get customers upset at times, any one who has contacted us directly has been dealt with directly for a replacement to avoid the time involved in shipping via Sportsmans. Any " Failed" moderators have been returned to us by Sportsmans. Out of hundreds of sound moderators delivered to Sportsman we recieved 21 back. 11 where clipped by a bullet at proof - Testing of these 11 proved that the only possible reason for the clipped end cap was either: Mod not tightened onto test barrel correctly or projectile not stablised. The end caps where replaced and the moderators returned. No further problems where incurred with these 11.... 9 Mods had failed in customer hands: In all 9 cases investigation into the cause of failure showed that some form of user error or error on the part of the seller was the cause and that was the things not bieng tightened together correctly after stripping and cleaning or upon swapping parts about. There was another mod that failed with baffle separation that didnt go via Sportsman, this was also found to be user error in that the mod had been only hand tightened together, wrapped with cammo tape and during firing it had been allowed to unscrew to a point where 2 baffles separated. It was replaced without question. The moderators have since been redesigned to have double the length of connecting threads to counter the problem of people stripping and not correctly re-assmbling tightly, the extened threads give three times the distance that the baffle has to unscrew before the connection becomes frail enough to seprarate, the hope bieng that the user will notice that the mod is unscrewing before it actualy unscrews too far.. the answer of course is correctly assembling the things to start with. We have had not 1 single failure since upgrading the design. Another feature of the upgraded design has been to introduce caliber specific baffles. (previous models where a one size (3 sizes actualy) fits all as ordered by the wholesaler) and a re designed encap doing away with the hex head opening and going for a smaller round hole as an exit and a different tool to tighten the unit together, these improvements have increased efficiency of the basic moderator by between 15 and 20% depending on caliber. Our moderators are the equipment of choice of the German and Austrian equivalent of the Forrestry Commission and constantly recieve outstanding review in the German shooting press.

We as a company and I as an individual, have come a long way from the dark days since cancer care, death and divorce where my main concern. We produce some excellent products that we export world wide. We have a name for high quality of product and workmanship, I am the first to admit that customer service is not my strong point, I am ex military and if I think some one is bieng an idiot, can't read or is trying it on I will tell him so, where as a trained salesperson in a department store would humor them with yes sir no sir.. Having said that, we do strive to do better in every which way possible. We still suffer from supply as do all in the Gun Trade when parts are in short supply and difficult to procure and Ive long since accepted that it is impossible to keep all of the people happy all of the time.

I am fully aware that certain individuals will go out of their way to slander my and my companies name, it would be appreciated if others would give us the benefit of the doubt. Maybe its to much to expect, maybe not.

All the best.. Pete

Last edited:
It's harder to repair a damaged reputation than it is to build a good one from scratch.

As I already said, I've been happy with my RCS II for my Tikka T3 and the muzzle brake has survived extended hammering in 2 seasons of service rifle and other comps. Both delivered within the time stated on website, as were some smaller bits and bobs (extended bolt release and such like.)

A somewhat neglected brake!

Good luck.

Last edited:
I would of loved to have had a rcs11 stock and changed the skins over to the aics style skins, you would of had a sell if only you answered my emails, ive bought a manners t4a stock now, it is a very nice thing too, I am really pleased with it, oh well nevermind

Oh,
Hi we chatted at IWA.
I did not know that the German forstamt were now allowed moderators.
When will we normal joes be getting the permission (never I would think).
Regards
Martin

We as a company and I as an individual, have come a long way from the dark days since cancer care, death and divorce where my main concern.
All the best.. Pete

I received a PM from you yesterday, a reply to a question about buying one of your moderators.
The problem is I sent the PM so long ago I cannot even remember what rifle it was for, and I only resorted to PM
because you had failed to answer the question when I used your contact form on your website.
Sorry but there is no way I am prepared to order anything from a company that takes 6 months to answer a PM.

Neil.

Last edited:
I cannot beleave that you are stating that my mod blowing apart and stripping the thread was down to user error, it was a new mod and as I was running a Barrel in at the same time I checked it was tight after every shot. If you admit you have changed the design why don't you just man up and admit there was a problem with the early mods rather than blaming the user, old people, cancer, divorce and just about every other excuse. I cannot say anything about the other mods that blew apart, but mine did so 100% because of design fault and not because of user error, so for you to say that all of the mods you have had returned were broke due to user error is a complete lie. But then, what else can you expect from the good folks at roedale?

Xavierdoc - you are right about the reputation, but i do try my best - glad you are happy with your kit, glad we could make you happy and contented, thankyou for letting us try.

Swarovski - i’m sorry, but I didn’t get your emails, I don’t personaly deal with webshop matters usualy, Scott who is an Ex Reme VM is usualy pretty good with info and spot on with answers. Its not often his misses something, but he is only human.

As you say, never mind now

Bavarian Brit – Yes in the states where Hunting with moderators is allowed, the Forestry guys are getting moderators. Mainly Hessen, Brandenburg, Baden Württemberg,Rheinland Pfalz at the mo, NRW, Saarland and few others will follow. We’ve supplied many to several Forstamts and individualy Foresters in these states already, In Bavaria it is forbidden to use a moderator, as it is in a couple of other states, but this will slowly change, so you’ll have to be patient I’m afraid and let Germany catch up on EU health & Safety law.

Hornet 6 – I generally forward all UK enquiries on to Sportsman without comment as they are our outlet in the UK for moderators, it states that on our website, they have them on their website. I’m sorry if you didn’t get feedback from there, I wish you had contacted me again sooner via email. I do not do as a rule do business via PM on any web forum. I don’t generally get time and only get on here twice a year.

Minikeeper – I am unsure which of the mods was yours, what I am telling you is that all mods we received back from Sportsman failed due to the reasons I stated above. There was no design fault with the original design, but to make the design better, able to cope with extended use by larger more powerfull calibers generaly found on the continent and to prevent mishaps when the parts where not tightened together tightly enough we lengthened the amount of connecting threads. This means that a baffle can unscrew much further before it reaches a point where it is likely exit down range because there isn’t enough thread contact, the hope is that the fact that it has unscrewed will be noticed before it it’s too late. The mods still incorporate a shear point should a baffle strike of enough force occur, this is an important safety feature that prevents injuries and it is a feature sadly lacking from many of the moderators available today.

The only way you will get a baffle strike is either:

The mod is not tightened to the muzzle thread correctly
The muzzle thread is off
You get an unstable projectile, this happens often enough, you’d possibly see it as a flyer on the target.
The caliber of the mod is not the same as the rifle.

I did not say that it was your error – I am aware that some of the mods we sent to the UK where swapped and changed about to get the right required number and caliber of baffles onto the right rear end for some customers before they were sold and appear not to have been tightened more than hand tight. We replaced these all at no cost to Sportsman as a gesture of good will, provided Sportsman with a detailed inspection report and photo’s of our findings, we reminded Sportsman that correct assembly means tightening correctly to a torque that is greater than hand tight and made them aware that future warranty issues that are found to be down to human error will not be replaced free of charge.

I can only guess at what happened to yours, I would suggest that whilst running your barrel in, if you may be checked that the rear end was tight on your barrel thread but that you were unaware that the baffles where not tightened to one another, this caused the separation. Certainly not down to design fault, absolutely 100% down to human error (not nesseceraly yours, as if you bought a car from the main dealer, you'd rightly expect the wheelnuts to be tight) on inspection, lining up the shear marks on the separated baffles with the shear marks on the remaining partsmakes it absolutely apparent proved beyond any doubt that the mods was not tightened together correctly. The change to design was made to provide a margin to compensate for human error, not because of a design fault. You could say that a car produced prior to 1965 had a design fault in that it didn't have seatbelts and that the 1965 requirement for new cars to come fitted with front seat belts was an improvement to the faulty design, but that isn't technicaly correct.. fitting the seatbelts provides a margin to compensate for human error whilst driving... same scenario from where i'm standing..

I and many others on here will know of many cases of the Reflex T8 splitting and failing, but I don’t hear anyone claiming a faulty design.

I am very sorry for the problem you had with the mod you recieved, it should have given you stellar service as many many many hundreds of exactly the same design have given and still give to other very satisfied customers. I personaly used the exact same design mod on my .308 for over 2500rds with no problems what so ever, ive recently changed to use the newer design with the tighter bore and longer threads because i need to use what we are selling now and not the previous model and my previouse one is now serving on a loan rifle that we give to foresters who cannot work without a rifle for the time thier own is in for threading-reproof and fitting of a mod.. I do wish that the situation with your mod hadn't been allowed to get out of hand in the first place, i suppose thats one of the problems that can develope in a triangled relationship, but i can only appologise after the fact from my end as the manufacturer and trust the UK distributor to sort such problems to a satisfactory outcome asap. I would suggest you contact them again as i feel you are owed a replacement if you didn't get one. I would certainly back that up from here.

Best Regards

Last edited:
Back