Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cluson lamp mount

cluson lamp mount

Cluson are now selling their ace mount separately for 30+VAT+postage=41.50

(A63) Dual Gun Mounting Kit 25/30mm - Clulite | Cluson Engineering Ltd.

Just got to get the right mount for the diameter of the lamp body according to the table at the bottom of this link.

(MLS-1) Masterlite Supreme Gun-lite - Clulite | Cluson Engineering Ltd.
    Last edited by jack; 03-10-2014 at 21:03.

Good god whats happened at Cluson? has the owner passed away or cant they sell torches anymore. I have tried for years to buy a mount and they have always refused even dealing with the man himself was impossible.

Well it is good news a bet a lot of cyclist will benifit from this change in heart.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    Good god whats happened at Cluson? has the owner passed away or cant they sell torches anymore. I have tried for years to buy a mount and they have always refused even dealing with the man himself was impossible.

Well it is good news a bet a lot of cyclist will benifit from this change in heart.

D
    Went down there the other day, last day of the warranty and they swapped the entire lamp unit for new. So spent a few bob on some fleeces. Very good service in the shop.

They have been available for over a year now to order.

Neil.

That looks good but do they do 30mm?

The beauty of the Cluson is it is so adjustable.

D

I lent my Cluson light to a mate, unfortunately, he managed to break the mount. I tried to buy another mount from them at last years shooting show. I was asked for proof that I had bought the lamp from them originally. When I told the 'gentleman' that I didn't have it with me, I was told that they don't supply mounts without proof of purchase in such a way that I felt embarrassed by the way I was treated. Needless to say I told them what they could do with their mount.My own opinion now is that I wouldn't touch any of their products with a barge pole. A very strange way to deal with customers.

I can think of lots of ways to describe the Cluson lamp mount, and "ace" certainly isn't one of them!
    A great lump of poorly engineered plastic.

I had exactly the same reply from the guy, guess what I dont use Cluson torches and apart from an earlier style mount which i have moddified to accept a 30 mm ring wont use any other of their stuff.

D