continental trends

pj1

Following on from recent wrangling's over stock material and calibres I was flicking through the shooting times. There is a small picture of a continental shooter, traditional stalking clothes and sticks and one presumes a wood stocked rifle.
This might be a huge assumption and as my lecturer used to say assumption is the mother of all cock ups nut what is the trend for stock materials on the continent and also in mountainous (wet) regions

Following on from recent wrangling's over stock material and calibres I was flicking through the shooting times. There is a small picture of a continental shooter, traditional stalking clothes and sticks and one presumes a wood stocked rifle.
This might be a huge assumption and as my lecturer used to say assumption is the mother of all cock ups nut what is the trend for stock materials on the continent and also in mountainous (wet) regions

I know a few Germanic hunters (two from Germany, one from Switzerland and one from Austria) and I've spent some time in southern Germany. Break actions kipplaufs are popular as are the modern bolt offerings from Blaser/Merkel/Steyr. Drillings are relatively popular, still. Over/under combination guns are also very popular.

The hunting traditions in these countries are very traditional by North American (and UK?) standards. A hunter is not just a hunter, but a forester and conservationist. The role is taken seriously and the hunter's position is respected by [most of] society (barring the ignorant or antis). Their garb and tools are chosen within this framework.

Speaking from a NA perspective, out west here in Canada the synthetic stocks/stainless barrels are extremely popular.

Back