Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stupid question

stupid question

i am going to germany for driven boar , but dont have boar on my ticket ,

So!

You will be shooting boar in Germany not in the U.K.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Some people go to Germany and many other places without even a rifle but still manage to shoot some.
    A few years ago I had a variation for something, I can't remember what now but it came back with 'Authority to shoot wild boar abroad'
    I didn't take any notice of it at the time but the next time I went in for something and produced my FC it caused roars of laughter and was returned to me suitably amended, with the words, "we can't control what you do abroad can we"

I did say it was a stupid question

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    It was not a stupid question, just one you didn't know the answer to.

SD Regular
    Actually not a stupid qusetion as, contrary to popular belief, the remit of British law does NOT stop at Dover. There are many offences that whilst abroad that a "Brit" can still commit under British Law. But none AFAIK that are covered by the Firearms Act.

There are no stupid questions really, ( well firearms/hunting related anyways).
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I remember here a couple of years ago, some genius objecting to an irish lad shooting a pig in Hungary with a 243 - apparently this was at odds with home office "guidance"....
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    I remember here a couple of years ago, some genius objecting to an irish lad shooting a pig in Hungary with a 243 - apparently this was at odds with home office "guidance"....
    Brian, When I went to Hungary with an Irish contingent, a couple of the lads used .243's and were knocking pigs over like rabbits and boy could they shoot.
    So the 'Home Office Guidance' whoever she is ! needs to open their eyes, mind you, I personally, feel a lot safer with a little more 'grunt' in my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    It certainly wasn't a stupid question mate, because as EMcC points out often firearms departments seem to forget that the laws of this country apply only to this country.

P.S. I certainly wouldn't like to shoot large active boar with a .243w. Just wondering what the legal requirements are in Hungary if any? After all most European countries have minimum calibre/energy levels for large game.
    Last edited by 8x57; 05-10-2014 at 06:47.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.