Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: timed out

timed out

when replying to a post or thread because i am a little slower than most at typing
    i found that i get timed out from replying to the thread
    but not only that it also logs me off aswell at the same time
    but the time scale from starting a reply to being timed out is not that long at all possibly only a few minutes or so

That's an odd one. The session timeout (if you don't tick the Remember Me box) is set to 15 minutes. If you tick the Remember Me box it doesn't time out. Are you definitely ticking it?

cheers Alex will try that again
    but any chance you can change the timed out period for longer as i am sure like myself quite a few members are also members on other sites so browsing through them all can take time
    so having to come back to a post or posts and keep having to log on to return a comment is quite frustrating if you hav typed out a long answer to find you are timed out and loose the work because you hav not copied it
    not trying to be awkward just practical honest
    just one more question
    why in the smilies to the right of my reply do i hav a list which include to neutral smilies and to sad smilies..sorryy

I've upped it to an hour

The smilies... yeah, it's weird... the old forum had several ways to do the same smiley (e.g. is :-| or :-|) so they have been imported several times. It's on my to-do list to sort out!

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    I've upped it to an hour

The smilies... yeah, it's weird... the old forum had several ways to do the same smiley (e.g. is :-| or :-|) so they have been imported several times. It's on my to-do list to sort out!
    Right, smilies are sorted, there is only one of each now...

Alex, can we have a HOMER'S HEAD. emoticon "DOH"....?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

If you are doing a longer post or taking a while highlight and copy the post before you press reply. Then if you time out it is easy to press paste and your work is not lost. Or write in word and copy/paste to the site, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Alex, can we have a HOMER'S HEAD. emoticon "DOH"....?
    Will this do?

Over the last couple of weeks I have been timed out much faster than an hour - sometimes after what seems to be a few minutes. Any ideas? I do copy, cut and paste my posts when it happens but it is still a PITA.