royal and emperor stags

Brian-Llewellyn

Hi everyone.
wondering if you guys could help clear something up.
could you explain to me what determines a stag as an emperor or royal or any other name I may be unfamiliar with.

Thank you very much in advance.

Brian

A royal is 12 points and an emperor is not a recognised measure of anything,probably a locallised spin off???

imagejpeg

Not too hideous.

needs three in the crown as well to be a true royal

These days , often anything with twelve points is classed as a royal, but as this poster says it needs three in the crown to be a royal, strictly speaking the three in the crown should be close enough
together to hold a claret glass in an upright position.

Often you will hear that any protrusion from beam , needs to able to support a wedding ring without it falling off to be classed as a point, the original definition was a watch chain possibly harder to support, though not many wear a watch and chain these days.

These days , often anything with twelve points is classed as a royal, but as this poster says it needs three in the crown to be a royal, strictly speaking the three in the crown should be close enough
together to hold a claret glass in an upright position.

Often you will hear that any protrusion from beam , needs to able to support a wedding ring without it falling off to be classed as a point, the original definition was a watch chain possibly harder to support, though not many wear a watch and chain these days.

Very interesting, you learn something new every day. . Had never heard the wedding ring one before.

I keep getting rid of my wedding rings, along with the houses, cars, pensions, etc.!!!!!

May be wrong but was the name "the Emperor" not given to a large stag shot somewhere down south a couple of years ago. I just remember outrage at the time (from anti hunting types) as such a magnificent beast had been shot
Wingy

Back