Thread: another case cleaning question!!

another case cleaning question!!

hi,when neck cleaning cases are the nylon brushes you buy for cleaning the bore of a rifle the same or are they different?dumb question i know but if i don't ask i'll never know!!atb

They are different: Softer. That being said.... a brush is a brush. A nylon bore brush mounted on a short handle is what I use.~Muir

My Lee relube kit came with a complete set of Phosphor bronze brushes, so I just screw the appropriate one into a universal handle.

I use a small fine nylon brush to put a tiny film of lube indiside the neck to assist neck sizing and seating flat based bullets.

D

I've got an RCBS handle that takes the 8-32 male threaded brushes which is fairly standard for US made cleaning rods - I've got adapters so that I can use them with my Parker Hale rods.

I try to avoid using greasy lubes in case it deactivates powder, in any case powder can stick to it if you don't clean it off. Graphite powder is better in that respect, you can buy it for lubricating locks, apparently mica powder works too...

I find that pulling expanders out of cases is tough without lube, but bearable if the necks are cleaned by ultrasound.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    I've got an RCBS handle that takes the 8-32 male threaded brushes which is fairly standard for US made cleaning rods - I've got adapters so that I can use them with my Parker Hale rods.

I try to avoid using greasy lubes in case it deactivates powder, in any case powder can stick to it if you don't clean it off. Graphite powder is better in that respect, you can buy it for lubricating locks, apparently mica powder works too...

I find that pulling expanders out of cases is tough without lube, but bearable if the necks are cleaned by ultrasound.
    I've been using ultrasonic for a while now and know where your comming from,i'm thinking of trying a collet die,any thoughts????

Nell