Thread: Ammunition boxes

Ammunition boxes

Hello everyone.

Now that I've started reloading I need a better way of storing my cartridges than piling them up carefully in heterogeneous small cardboard boxes. Does anyone have any spare purpose-made ammunition boxes for 50 rounds at a time or thereabouts?

Yes have a few here I don't use , what are you after ?

Hello there and thanks!

I reload 7mm-08 (same cases as .308 or .243) and need to store something like 100-150 rounds. Ideally in two boxes, stalking rounds in one, practice ones in the other. Do you have anything that fits the bill?

Blog Entries
    Reloading Solutions at Kiddlington or Fultons of Bisley both keep a good stock. They aren't expensive.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

I find MTM boxes very good indeed.

20, 50 or 100 rounds. Good strong durable cases.

http://www.henrykrank.com/index.php?...&cPath=164_552

Best,

J

Quote Originally Posted by Biathlonjimmy View Post
    I find MTM boxes very good indeed.

20, 50 or 100 rounds. Good strong durable cases.

http://www.henrykrank.com/index.php?...&cPath=164_552

Best,

J
    Truly the best product on the market, particularly in 50-round form - RS50, RM50, and RL50 cover everything from .222 to 7mm Mag for me.

Good value at only 3.00 to 3.38 a box from Kranks. Did I see 4 secondhand just sold for 20 on here? Must be mistaken.

http://www.henrykrank.com/index.php?...1f246cb7e30dbf

If you have one of the more commodious older-style cabinets (circa 1980's - ideally the very one featured in the Home Office Firearms Security Handbook) these fit neatly into the locking ammo compartment 2-deep 2-high. They're very compact, and it seems as if the ammo compartment was tailor made to fit in 500 large rifle and 250 small rifle rounds - 15 boxes in all.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    Good value at only 3.00 to 3.38 a box from Kranks. Did I see 4 secondhand just sold for 20 on here? Must be mistaken.

If you have one of the more commodious older-style cabinets (circa 1980's - ideally the very one featured in the Home Office Firearms Security Handbook) these fit neatly into the locking ammo compartment 2-deep 2-high.
    You're right, I missed those! But I've spotted a couple of as new ones on eBay, so we shall see. As it happens, I do have one of those big ammunition cabinets, rescued from my old university club before they demolished the building. Obviously they didn't put a range in the new one. It currently has a lot of odds and ends in it which I need to rationalise so I daresay they'll be some 7mm-08 factory rounds for sale here soon. And some steel shot wildfowling cartridges.