Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swaro Bino accessories

Swaro Bino accessories

Does anyone know where I can get the objective rubber covers for Swarovski binos. I have lost one of them out and about, the other one is a bit loose so would like to replace both.

Cheers.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil12 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get the objective rubber covers for Swarovski binos. I have lost one of them out and about, the other one is a bit loose so would like to replace both.

Cheers.
    Give Swaro a call or drop them an email - they will send out replacements for free. They've sent me several replacements for my 8.5x42's. You could also try calling in at your local Swaro dealer.

I just wish they'd fix the design of both the objective covers and the winged eyepieces in the first place!
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Give Swaro a call or drop them an email - they will send out replacements for free. They've sent me several replacements for my 8.5x42's. You could also try calling in at your local Swaro dealer.

I just wish they'd fix the design of both the objective covers and the winged eyepieces in the first place!
    Cheers Willie, is that Swaro UK ? I will drop them an email in that case. Just say they have become loose etc? Include serial#?

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil12 View Post
    Cheers Willie, is that Swaro UK ? I will drop them an email in that case. Just say they have become loose etc? Include serial#?
    Yes, Swaro in the UK. I told them they dropped off because they rub against your jacket when crawling!

I seem to recall I just old them the model, but the serial # would be useful I guess.

This from the Birdfair website:

O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Cheers Willie, appreciated.

Willie Gunn, I agree about their covers,such a waste of time i just don't bother now. I was recently given a set of cloth eye guard covers as a present, the ones you pay about 30 for and wondered why don't they just include them as standard issue, considering the price you pay?

F

Have someone competent with leatherwork make you set. If they do it right the retaining straps would be sized for an interference fit with the objective, thus ensuring they outlive you.

K

i have lost one of mine at the minute off a set of el range. swaro replaced them before but i haven't got round to phoning them up again.

its definitely a design issue.

If they are simply slipping off, purchase a couple of long green 1/2" velcro straps and position in front of rubber ring hangers.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    If they are simply slipping off, purchase a couple of long green 1/2" velcro straps and position in front of rubber ring hangers.

K
    Or a couple of cable ties? Personally I have never used objective lense covers on any of my binos and I use homemade leather flaps to keep rain off the eyepiece lenses.