Swaro Bino accessories

Basil12

Does anyone know where I can get the objective rubber covers for Swarovski binos. I have lost one of them out and about, the other one is a bit loose so would like to replace both.

Cheers.

Does anyone know where I can get the objective rubber covers for Swarovski binos. I have lost one of them out and about, the other one is a bit loose so would like to replace both.

Cheers.

Give Swaro a call or drop them an email - they will send out replacements for free. They've sent me several replacements for my 8.5x42's. You could also try calling in at your local Swaro dealer.

I just wish they'd fix the design of both the objective covers and the winged eyepieces in the first place!

Give Swaro a call or drop them an email - they will send out replacements for free. They've sent me several replacements for my 8.5x42's. You could also try calling in at your local Swaro dealer.

I just wish they'd fix the design of both the objective covers and the winged eyepieces in the first place!

Cheers Willie, is that Swaro UK ? I will drop them an email in that case. Just say they have become loose etc? Include serial#?

Cheers Willie, is that Swaro UK ? I will drop them an email in that case. Just say they have become loose etc? Include serial#?

Yes, Swaro in the UK. I told them they dropped off because they rub against your jacket when crawling!

I seem to recall I just old them the model, but the serial # would be useful I guess.

This from the Birdfair website:

Willie Gunn, I agree about their covers,such a waste of time i just don't bother now. I was recently given a set of cloth eye guard covers as a present, the ones you pay about £30 for and wondered why don't they just include them as standard issue, considering the price you pay?

F

Have someone competent with leatherwork make you set. If they do it right the retaining straps would be sized for an interference fit with the objective, thus ensuring they outlive you.

K

i have lost one of mine at the minute off a set of el range. swaro replaced them before but i haven't got round to phoning them up again.

its definitely a design issue.

If they are simply slipping off, purchase a couple of long green 1/2" velcro straps and position in front of rubber ring hangers.

K

Or a couple of cable ties? Personally I have never used objective lense covers on any of my binos and I use homemade leather flaps to keep rain off the eyepiece lenses.

swaro give them a call as they are free and both top eye and obj rubby floppy ones,if they keep falling off use a bike inner tube to give them some grip could also glue them to the tube, i also use a swaro rain cover well worth the dosh

Sent an email to the address that Willie suggested but none reply yet, I'll give them a call in a couple days if nothing heard.

An old trick for handlebar rubbers will also work on the retaining rings on the objective le4ns covers. Spray the inside of the ring with hairspray before fitting and they are more likely to stay in place.

Back