Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uksha

Uksha

I would just like to say a massive thank you to black dog from UKSHA for coming upto inverness to track a sika stag.I can't believe how much work these guys do in the recovery of lost deer and all for free.I was absolutely gutted to not find the deer as it's only my second deer I have shot and it still sticks in my throat,but thanks to the work these guys do I got some kind of outcome in the end.
    Once again a big thank you to black dog and UKSHA for their hard work.
    All the best
    dave

Can you give more details Dave?
    What happened at the shot?
    What did you initially do?
    How long was it before someone was able to get to you?
    How far was the track?
    Was there any signs other than the strike point?
    What was the outcome?

I think its important we know just how far these guys will go to try and recover a wounded deer
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

I know this Tony George was a fat Barstuard a few months ago he is now honed and fit (Not quite) the money he has save from going to the gym will pay for the fuel to travel and help stalkers who need clouser

Has George changed his name to Black Dog ? Cool if he has, it makes him sound like a pirate !

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Can you give more details Dave?
    What happened at the shot?
    What did you initially do?
    How long was it before someone was able to get to you?
    How far was the track?
    Was there any signs other than the strike point?
    What was the outcome?

I think its important we know just how far these guys will go to try and recover a wounded deer
    At the shot the deer dropped on the spot into ferns that were over 6ft tall.We then saw three hinds that were with him run off in different directions but did not see the stag leave the area.We waited a while for things to calm down before making the tricky walk to the shot site.
    At the site we found no deer below where it was shot,so climbed up to the shot site to find blood by the impact point.We then followed the blood for maybe 10 meters before I lost the trail through muddy ground.
    The shot was taken about 45 minutes before last light so only had a limited time to look for the deer.
    As light was fading we reluctantly had to leave as the ground was very steep and rocky.
    We returned to the shot site at first light for a proper look but could not find the trail so went to borrow a Labradors to see if she could help.She found another area about 75 meters away from the shot site where there was more blood.
    At this point she led us back to the car as she had done her best.
    I contacted Barry (Elma fudd) and he put up the request for a dog and black dog off this site came up at first light to track the deer.
    He tracked it to the top of a moor where he found a gralloch.
    We were there at last light and first light and my colleague stalked the moor that evening and heard no shots being fired,so I can only assume a neighbouring stalker has seen it dead or has had to shoot it and then taken the stag.
    hope this helps
    dave
    Last edited by plonker; 07-10-2014 at 19:51.

Sounds like a typical Sika blood trail !! Sorry to here you've lost your second deer but on the up side at least you now know he is not suffering. Great work from Black Dog

Good Morning, Thanks very much for making the call and getting us out to have a look. By the time I got there the track was 36hrs old. There were a few drops of blood at the shot site. The dog began to track and we wove our way through quite thick and difficult terrain. No other signs were indicated on the track. There are a lot of Sika on that ground and numerous wallows were encountered on route as well as fresh slots from other beasts. After approximately 2km we found a pile of fresh gralloch not far from the shoot boundary. To confirm we then returned to the shot site and started to track again, the dog followed the exact same track. A good outcome for the deer but sorry your beast was gone.
    Kind regards
    Steve Williams

Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: http://www.uksha.org or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

I remember years ago watching chap stalk forestry ground he did a great job and took a nice buck near my boundary.Being a nipper I wanted to meet this chap and see a roe buck up close. I shouted tyo him how you doing mate at seeing me climbing the fence (He was around 150 mtr away) he turned tail and legged it leaving the Roe buck on the ground. I took the buck home and ate it a few days later. Waist not want not. Any way well done Black dog and it is nice to know we can call on you chaps no matter were we are. This will be important should the BP guides be changed on the Dogs for deer subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Good Morning, Thanks very much for making the call and getting us out to have a look. By the time I got there the track was 36hrs old. There were a few drops of blood at the shot site. The dog began to track and we wove our way through quite thick and difficult terrain. No other signs were indicated on the track. There are a lot of Sika on that ground and numerous wallows were encountered on route as well as fresh slots from other beasts. After approximately 2km we found a pile of fresh gralloch not far from the shoot boundary. To confirm we then returned to the shot site and started to track again, the dog followed the exact same track. A good outcome for the deer but sorry your beast was gone.
    Kind regards
    Steve Williams
    well done Steve for making a long road trip to help out,
    we never know what's going to be a the end, but as long as we have all done our best to help end any suffering and answer the call out we can do no more.

well done again

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

Did Blackdog travel from Essex to Scotland to do the track? Well done!!!!