Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ 452 17HMR Bolt Handle Upgrade

Red face CZ 452 17HMR Bolt Handle Upgrade

I was near to being rid of this rifle, I have had this now for a long while, and really dont get to use it more than a few hundred rounds a year, but I upgraded the stock some time ago, to a GRS (to which many now) and was finding it hard to get a bolt handle upgrade, which for a 527 and others alike is quite easy, so we went to work and did the following.

The bolt handle has a hole in it, from manufacture, and we threaded that to insert a stud of a very tight fit.
    Attachment 47665
    Then after getting the correct angle we made an Ali extension to which was knurled and threaded to place on the Stud, and tight to the profile of the original ball.
    Attachment 47666
    Fitting the handle to the bolt was easy, then placed a locking pin in it after seeing if its in the right place, so as it does not turn off unwanted. Painted it black, as good as could be to match.
    Attachment 47667
    The finished job was great, the room below the handle was fine, and the handle distance from the scope was just right.
    Attachment 47669Attachment 47670Attachment 47671Attachment 47672

The advantage is it can always be removed without serious damage to the original Bolt Handle, and the rifle lives on!
    Gary Beechener

Nice one feller i have one on mine been there for many years makes it a slick reloading rifle for them moving targets .

Yeah, but I made it with two spoons and a matchstick..............
    Gary Beechener

Ok, really stupid question here. But........ Why?
    does it make that much difference?....... Hmmm thinking about it actually it could........
    i adjusted mine to give it a bit of clearance, tap with hammer, from the scope, but the more I think of it...
    yes, I think I see it.
    hmmm, I will have to think some more about this.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Oh and GRS don't do that stock in left hand. Grrrrr.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    Oh and GRS don't do that stock in left hand. Grrrrr.
    Dec - they will do special order on LH. They are really helpful at the factory and keen to help. Well worth a chat with them.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Nice workmanship but I don't think I'd do it to any of my 452's. ~Muir

I did get a LH one for a friend, not the same colour I admit, took a little while, but they will do almost anything given time and a bit of begging. What always gets me is that the "Virgin" stocks with no inlet in them so as you can let it in yourself are the same money if not more in some cases? I have let in a few CZ527's which as a firm they just dont want to know, and a couple of PH T1200's.
    Gary Beechener

Good work. Is this not a bit too cumbersome though? The original looks fine. Either way, well done on the craftsmanship, and I hope you will enjoy shooting it.

I did speak to GRS and they suggested I buy a right hand one and take to to a gunsmith who could inlet it for me. I though, gee thanks.

for using with night vision I think it is a good idea. Specially the archer, because the bolt comes very tight to the NV adaptor. I got a different mount on mine now but my bolt is not as smooth as I would like and I like the idea of a decent grip for reloading.

and well useful in the winter with thick gloves on. Oh yeah.