Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Light silent rain jacket

Light silent rain jacket

Can anybody recommend a light silent rain jacket. Something with a "peach" style fabric, strong and totaly waterproof. Similar in design to the German Flecktarn Gore tex jacket. Prefer non-cammo.
    A fabric like the old sportchief aquatex jacket would be preferred. They were strong as steel and very silent. To be used as a shell jacket over diffrent layers depending the season. Not to much pockets needed. The Harkila pro Hunter is to much jacket.
    A copy of the German Flecktarn jacket, green and more silent would be perfect.

Rivers West ? but they do get hot would be ok for sitting in a highseat or wild fowling but for walking ?

How about the Harila Albin? I've just bought a pair of gloves from this range and they are cracking:
    http://www.ardmoor.co.uk/harkila-alb...t-10-01-067-29
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    I have this from Sitka Sitka Gear | Turning Clothing Into Gear
    Cheers
    Richard
    Seems excellent jacket. Perfect for my needs. I had been looking at Sitka Gear before, mostly the solid colors, but they are very expensive ( $599). This jacket also is reasonable priced. A pitty they only make them in cammo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	storm.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	47745Click image for larger version. 

Name:	loch.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	47742Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stalking1.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	47743Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gober2.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	47744

I just got back from some 'special' weather in the Highlands and put the Norrona 'Dovre dri3' thru its paces. I simply can't fault it and it is the lightest, quietest, most waterproof jacket I have ever had. My buddy has the Rekon (a bit longer and a little tougher).
    Driving rain, crawling through peat hags, wind....it just laughed at all of it.
    I had not really heard of Norrona until buying my jacket but it's a quality piece of kit. Will use for summer stalking too as it's so thin and has monster vents. Not the cheapest but I have, at last, found the perfect jacket.

https://www.norrona.com/en-GB/Concepts/dovre/
    Last edited by Casual-T; 09-10-2014 at 09:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual-T View Post
    I just got back from some 'special' weather in the Highlands and put the Norrona 'Dovre dri3' thru its paces. I simply can't fault it and it is the lightest, quietest, most waterproof jacket I have ever had. My buddy has the Rekon (a bit longer and a little tougher).
    Driving rain, crawling through peat hags, wind....it just laughed at all of it.
    I had not really heard of Norrona until buying my jacket but it's a quality piece of kit. Will use for summer stalking too as it's so thin and has monster vents. Not the cheapest but I have, at last, found the perfect jacket.

https://www.norrona.com/en-GB/Concepts/dovre/
    Another vote for the Norrona, had the Finnskogen jacket & trousers for the past 3 years, totaly waterproof & light enought for summer wear.
    Not cheep but the best I have ever had.

John

A pal who is a FC ranger swears by norrona. He is very familiar with the special weather of what you speak. I need to find a stockist in Yorkshire.

Looked at Norrona and you'd think for £145 you would have a better range of sizes.

ATB

Chasey