Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conduct on the Forums

Exclamation Conduct on the Forums

Looks like it's time for another reminder...

This site is meant to be for the benefit of the deer stalking community as a whole, not the personal play thing for a vocal few and it's a massive shame when all the good things members do on here (acts of generosity, sharing of knowledge from a vast pool of experience etc, and all for free) get overshadowed by a few anonymous egos with chips on their shoulders and who invariably give nothing back.

Using the site to pursue personal vendettas, stirring up trouble seemingly for one's own amusement and relentless general unpleasantness is unnecessary, it spoils the site for the majority and it won't be tolerated. Accounts being used for this purpose will be suspended.

If you find yourself getting into arguments with just about everyone, being the centre of all the "popcorn" icon type threads, or attracting more than your fair share of reported posts then please think about taking it down a notch because you'll be on the radar.

That aside, thank you to the vast majority of members. The ones helping other members new to stalking, giving up their time for free, donating equipment, raising money for charity, supporting the site financially both as Trade Members or Supporters and who participate on here with good spirit and without a hint of conflict or controversy. You are the ones who really make this site

Alex

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Thank you and very well posted Alex

regards

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I couldn't agree more. Thanks for raising it and hopefully raising the benchmark of good manners.

As a trade member of the site is an awesome string to my bow for my business and the way its run is both professional and an excellent tool. Personally i only advertise on two forums this and UKV and i know im biased with regards to UKV but they both compliment each other well in both the way they are run and the shooters they cover . i see no other reason to advertise elsewhere than these two places well done SD admin team
    Last edited by 1967spud; 09-10-2014 at 18:18.
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

I am a newbe

But its always a shame a few ruin it for the majority and thanks to all the moderators and the people who help other

Regards
    Nev

Ok I just removed a few posts. For the record Eddy is a good friend of mine and I found the comment amusing too... but just trying to calm things down around here!

Quote Originally Posted by 1967spud View Post
    As a trade member of the site is an awesome string to my bow for my business and the way its run is both professional and an excellent tool. Personally i only advertise on two forums this and UKV and i know im biased with regards to UKV but they both compliment each other well in both the way they are run and the shooters they cover . i see no other reason to advertise elsewhere than these two places well done SD admin team
    Thanks Mark, really appreciate the feedback.

To be honest we've had a fairly easy run lately, was speaking to JAYB the other day and we mentioned the site had been ticking along nicely. Well that did it, didn't it! This week has been a nightmare.... Got in from lamping last night and the last thing I saw before going to bed was what could only be described as a 'harsh' email of complaint and the first thing I saw at 0600 this morning was a load of reported posts!

We can't keep everyone happy all the time but the important thing is that the majority of people enjoy the site and keep contributing because without that there wouldn't be a site at all!

Aex

No worries Alex only telling it like it is.
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Cut the cancer out quickly, don't think twice about it.