Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: terrier work

terrier work

If this is what interests you look at YOUTUBE close range foxes , the work of a terrierman .

thank you ! terrier work has always been an emotive issue ,thats a balanced short insight ,it always will have a place in fox control ,personally its what started me off in field sports and always will have a big place in my life ,though i shoot more now ,i used to have borders but the hassle in getting decent ones now and the price people are charging is their downfall ,what do you work if anything ?

black dogs , the chap working the bitch in the video is a slick operator isnt he ?

That was an excellent piece. Thanks for posting about it. Good on Fieldsports UK for giving some attention to terrier work. A very much maligned fieldsport but, if done as well as in the piece, nothing to be ashamed about.

Was that a fancy artificial he was working or simply a drain?

Novice

Its was just a drain/ culvert. I have done years of helping with terriers for hunts and never seen a artificial earth like that. I wonder why it was stated that they weren't the guy's own terriers?
    Last edited by sportingspaniels; 12-10-2014 at 21:17.

Its an old drain , the peice showing the bitch working was filmed at an earlier date to show work within the exemption , thats why it shows another man . Hes one of the countrys best terriermen i would say and his dogs are second to none

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    Its an old drain , the peice showing the bitch working was filmed at an earlier date to show work within the exemption , thats why it shows another man . Hes one of the countrys best terriermen i would say and his dogs are second to none
    Was it GM?

thats him , you know him

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    thats him , you know him
    Yes, very well indeed. I thought the chocolate looked like one of his.

hes a top man , helped me out alot in the past . been some funny things in that net bag at times