I Now Think Admin Should Make Some Rules Re Syndicate Places

Jimbo 30 06

It seems yet another offer of syndicate places has come under the spotlight on SD. All the recent offers of syndicate places I have enquired about and as I have had a bad experience I have done some digging and would not have joined any. As most lads on SD are normal working Lads that save up their hard earned cash many have young families the last thing they need is to be ripped off. Therefore may I make a suggestion to Stalkers seeking syndicate places would it not be better and buy a couple of good pay days and enjoy the crack with decent stalkers that have ground and don't rip you Off. Sika Malc and CSL off here have a good reputation their praise was being sung Last Night at The Deer Stalkers evening at Trentham. I can personally recommend Alistair Walton Cumbria Red's, CWD off here for Munty's.CWD and Fallow. Dougie McKenzie Upper Tweedsmuir Sika and if you want Roe stalking to match no other Tam Beatie-Amanda 16 and Allan Linton Von off here.DSCF0039.jpgDSCF0062.jpgDSCF0137.jpgDSCF0127.jpg

It seems yet another offer of syndicate places has come under the spotlight on SD. All the recent offers of syndicate places I have enquired about and as I have had a bad experience I have done some digging and would not have joined any. As most lads on SD are normal working Lads that save up their hard earned cash many have young families the last thing they need is to be ripped off. Therefore may I make a suggestion to Stalkers seeking syndicate places would it not be better and buy a couple of good pay days and enjoy the crack with decent stalkers that have ground and don't rip you Off. Sika Malc and CSL off here have a good reputation their praise was being sung Last Night at The Deer Stalkers evening at Trentham. I can personally recommend Alistair Walton Cumbria Red's, CWD off here for Munty's.CWD and Fallow. Dougie McKenzie Upper Tweedsmuir Sika and if you want Roe stalking to match no other Tam Beatie-Amanda 16 and Allan Linton Von off here.View attachment 47789View attachment 47790View attachment 47791View attachment 47792
Hi jim many thanks for your kind words . A must agree with some of what you say about syndicates it seems to be getting to be the norm now for folks ( not every one ) who are advertising places in syndicates to stretch the truth out about how many people are in the syndicate and what species is on the ground . So come on lease holders be honest when advertising . Just my thoughts .
Ps before any one jumps down my throat am not on about any one in particular ( tin hat on )

Long range rob as you well know there are more lads looking for syndicate places than ever I can remember. I do not know you and you may be and obviously are a genuine lad but there are some who are not. Perhaps I did not put my point over very well many syndicate members buy pay days and if lads looking fo syndicate places met up and made friends then when good genuine openings became available a recommendation would be put there way. But as Si posted recently I think admin need to set out a procedure for anyone advertising syndicates. You only have to look in Stalking opportunities and see that one post closed because numerous PM's with not one reply and take a look at what has been posted about the most recent one. It isn't fair on lads applying hoping for a position.

Kind regards Jim

Last edited:
Too few people have far too many leases and are just in it for the cash charging stalkers well over the top for **** land and then going on themselves with clients there is good and bad syndicates about
Atb tom

You make some good points J 30-06 , but i would request you name the bad as well to be fair then any of us looking won't waste of time chasing them naffin red herrings!! I to have been replying to dead ends with no reply s.

Long range rob as you well know there are more lads looking for syndicate places than ever I can remember. I do not know you and you may be and obviously are a genuine lad but there are some who are not. Perhaps I did not put my point over very well many syndicate members buy pay days and if lads looking fo syndicate places met up and made friends then when good genuine openings became available a recommendation would be put there way. But as Si posted recently I think admin need to set out a procedure for anyone advertising syndicates. You only have to look in Stalking opportunities and see that one post closed because numerous PM's with not one reply and take a look at what has been posted about the most recent one. It isn't fair on lads applying hoping for a position.

Kind regards Jim

Saying you wouldn't have joined any syndicates is a personal opinion and your suggesting that syndicate places advertised on here were not good enough for you.... who are you to judge if they are good, bad or whatever? and the more important question is would they want you in any case? I run syndicates and feel they are good value for money as do friends of mine. Some syndicates are challenging stalking and the price per member reflects this usually. What is your idea of a 'good' syndicate place?

At the end of the day the stalker can do their homework, visit the ground and make a decision. When the lease holder is open and shows you round you either know it's worth it or not. Sure some people try to cash in but the vast majority of lease holders try to offer stalkers a good value place that they value and appreciate.

At the end of the day the stalker can do their homework, visit the ground and make a decision. When the lease holder is open and shows you round you either know it's worth it or not.

Agreed, just posted pretty much the same thing in the thread in question.

It's a very difficult balance to get on here. We want syndicate places to be posted on this site because every one represents a potential opportunity for someone who otherwise might never get a foot in the door.

But at the same time we don't want our members to be scammed.

I would urge anyone looking to join a syndicate to visit the ground themselves and decide for themselves whether it is worth the money for them. If they aren't confident about being able to assess the ground then they can always bring a friend who is! Maybe even get another trustworthy member on here to come and offer an opinion, I'm sure people would be willing.

But Jimbo also has a valid point... if you are not confident or for whatever reason not able to assess the ground for yourself then you are gambling no matter how good the ground or the recommendations are. It's no good a very experienced and capable stalker telling a beginner that the ground is worth it because the beginner is never going to achieve the same results. They have to have an understanding of what they think they can achieve themselves and then decide whether it's worth it to them.

If you can't do that yet then gaining experience by spending your money stalking with well recommended pro's instead has to be a better option.

Alex

All of the above that Alex has said is very true, it is a very difficult decision for anyone joining a syndicate.

Having said that, running a syndicate is not without it's difficulties. In an ideal world all syndicates would be run in a fair way, charge a reasonable price and members would get deer, enjoy the experience and be at peace with the world. We hear constantly about how members are being ripped off over syndicates and the way they are run, and rightly so. However there is another side to this particular coin. I have a small syndicate, four members, and I like to think they are happy with their lot, there is plenty of deer on the ground and just the four of them, but when I was advertising the syndicate, some response caused alarm bells!

The most obvious telling remark to me was, "will I get my money back in carcases at the dealers?". I always replied no, because they were never going to be on any syndicate of mine, to me a syndicate membership is a chance for you to enjoy your hobby, which is stalking, not a small business where deer pay for all your expenses. So the way I see it is that although there are unscrupulous syndicate management practices out there, there is also a good number of stalkers who join syndicates, or attempt to, with the intention of just shooting their way to profit regardless of their fellow syndicate members.

So sometimes whichever side of the fence you're are on, you pays your money and you takes your chance :)

John

All of the above that Alex has said is very true, it is a very difficult decision for anyone joining a syndicate.

Having said that, running a syndicate is not without it's difficulties. In an ideal world all syndicates would be run in a fair way, charge a reasonable price and members would get deer, enjoy the experience and be at peace with the world. We hear constantly about how members are being ripped off over syndicates and the way they are run, and rightly so. However there is another side to this particular coin. I have a small syndicate, four members, and I like to think they are happy with their lot, there is plenty of deer on the ground and just the four of them, but when I was advertising the syndicate, some response caused alarm bells!

The most obvious telling remark to me was, "will I get my money back in carcases at the dealers?". I always replied no, because they were never going to be on any syndicate of mine, to me a syndicate membership is a chance for you to enjoy your hobby, which is stalking, not a small business where deer pay for all your expenses. So the way I see it is that although there are unscrupulous syndicate management practices out there, there is also a good

number of stalkers who join syndicates, or attempt to, with the intention of just shooting their way to profit

regardless of their fellow syndicate members.

So sometimes whichever side of the fence you're are on, you pays your money and you takes your chance :)

John

Well said John the real value in a syndicate and what you are paying for is that its exclusive or it should be,syndicate places are normally not cheap,and if its just about numbers and recouping your outlay its unlikely to happen.

But a genuine syndicate where you are friends with or at least know the other members reasonably well , and the ground is being shot only by syndicate members, than that sort of place will come at a premium.

Problems can arise when a syndicate are unable for whatever reason to meet cull figures, and someone has to do it be that the landowner or someone contracted to do so.

For example I have been involved in deer management on Tillhill forestry in the past, their policy in event of a deer problem was to notify the lease holder with a 48 hour notice to resolve the problem if not resolved in that time they reserved the right to bring in an outside contractor to deal with it.

What I am really saying is unless you can afford to spend the time on the ground and can take the time to go at short notice then a syndicate place is probably not your best option.

Back