Thread: Trophy Photos

Trophy Photos

Who likes them? Some make me laugh when the hunter is sat so far back to make the game look so large..

Nothing wrong wih trophy photos. But it is funny when people sit well behind a small boar to make it seem like a monster.

Can't see any harm in taking them as memorabilia for yourself many years on, but posting them on an open forum like SD is a serious mistake. Discreet 'selfies' are an idea to avoid members of your party giggling about you afterwards.

Posting them more widely makes you look like a tit, poseur, or some sort of narcissist to the masses. There's nothing to be ashamed of in a positive result from stalking, but just face the fact that nothing inflames passion and derision in non-shooters so much as a triumphal pic.

Why do it .... huh? I expect the following result to this thread .......
    Last edited by Sinistral; 11-10-2014 at 09:46.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    Can't see any harm in taking them as memorabilia for yourself many years on, but posting them on an open forum like SD is a serious mistake. Discreet 'selfies' are an idea to avoid members of your party giggling about you afterwards.

Posting them more widely makes you look like a tit, poseur, or some sort of narcissist to the masses. There's nothing to be ashamed of in a positive result from stalking, but just face the fact that nothing inflames passion and derision in non-shooters so much as a triumphal pic.

Why do it .... huh? I expect the following result to this thread .......
    So not a good idea to post the photo of me with the three dead badgers then.

Not against them as I have a few myself to admit to but rather the miss representation of size.

On another note I just saw on FB ( yes the boss is out but I will be stalking this afternoon so saving my energy) a very funny film clip of a squirrel being lunched from a clay pigeon trap live! Now I am wondering if the poster may regret this in court on all manner of wildlife and animal welfare charges.

I have no problem putting a picture up of myself enjoying a perfectly legal sport !
    Although as previously stated you do look a t-t posing behind your trophy to make it look bigger !