Thread: Clear Scope Covers

Clear Scope Covers

Hi all.

Could someone point me in the right direction as to where I can get some good quality SEE through lenses caps for a Duralight scope.

Thank you

Brian

Brian,

Isn't that the classic bikini that most top end makes supply with their scopes?

Stan

Hi Stan.

The duralights came with solid end caps attached by a rubber band. Having trouble finding some decent ones.

Brian

Brian,

Google "bikini clear scope covers"

Stan

Bushwackers

D

thanks guys. appreciate your replies.

brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-Llewellyn View Post
    Hi all.

Could someone point me in the right direction as to where I can get some good quality SEE through lenses caps for a Duralight scope.

Thank you

Brian
    Hope you're successful BL, but be aware that anything you get may be technically 'see-through' but wont work for shooting.

I'm still using original Weaverscopes which were sold with tight-fit covers with clear perspex ends. If I forget to take these off the POI shifts unpredictably. I failed a highseat FC shooting test at very short range doing this, but was allowed to retake it. It was a simple mistake as the view was clear, but wasn't optically aligned.

Also .... in the rain the two-piece construction lets moisture in where solid end caps don't.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

See throughs are a waste of time. Can't think of a use for them. I have yellow lenses on my Bushwackers only because I couldn't get solid black. You can't see a thing through them.

Thanks guys. I appreciate your replies. Interesting about the poa sinistral.

Thanks again

Brian