Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rats and mice

Rats and mice

Have rats and mice problems at the house, any advice?

Traps traps traps before they start chewing electric cables ect ...and causing problems try poison boxes outside I would avoid poison inside as when they die in your cavities they will stink. Look at storage of food that makes it difficult for rodents to access and avoid leaving left over food and rubbish laying around. I'm sure however your all over hygiene

We have had a problem with ants this summer amazing how much damage they can do to a wall

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    Shoot em

Quote Originally Posted by gr1ffer View Post
    Traps traps traps before they start chewing electric cables ect ...and causing problems try poison boxes outside I would avoid poison inside as when they die in your cavities they will stink. Look at storage of food that makes it difficult for rodents to access and avoid leaving left over food and rubbish laying around. I'm sure however your all over hygiene

We have had a problem with ants this summer amazing how much damage they can do to a wall
    *******s ate the air inflow tube to the engine in my new car last night, thing broke down today because it took too much air in.. F@@@@kers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    Mk 4 fenn traps with a wee smudge of peanut butter on the trip plate. If not Nutella chocolate and stand by wi a big stick

Quote Originally Posted by bigscott270 View Post
    Mk 4 fenn traps with a wee smudge of peanut butter on the trip plate. If not Nutella chocolate and stand by wi a big stick
    Try making a tunnel about 2/3foot long that the mrk4 fenn fits in and close the ends of the tunnel up enough so you only catch rats and not the nebours cat. Sit them along walls as rats tend to run along walls i have a few around the farm like this and they work well on the rats.

Rrgards kev
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

rodents need food and harbourage , remove this and your problems over . Have a tidy up outside and remove any food such as bird feeders . Try and find where their coming into the house , usually gaps around waste pipes ect and block these with wire wool , lift the nearest manhole cover and put some bait on the benching with some sawdust or sand on it , if the bait goes and theres some sawdust left its been eaten , if its all gone it was washed away . Place some bait boxes outside round the house with wax blocks in as grain baits arent good for mice . Inside use nipper type traps in plastic trap boxes . Some of the plug in ultra sonic deterents work , mice will come in but wont live in the house

Send for Skywull.
    Last edited by Dragunov; 12-10-2014 at 09:04.

“If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Try to block off any entrance/exits they may be using. Easier said than done in older properties!
    Remove any possible food sources.
    Traps, rats are by nature neophobic, they are very wary of anything new. Rats will usually use the edges of rooms, walls to navigate by. Try setting fenns in these positions, you should see greasy marks against walls etc next to where the runs are or well trodden runs.
    I've poisoned indoors before....
    DON'T!! It's fine in someone else's property but through the winter when the heating is on the smell is unbearable!!
    Another vote for Nutella or melted chocolate for mice, they cannot remove it from the trap and are forced to sit on the plate and eat it. Try to get the wooden traps as they're stronger but they might still need wiring to something solid to stop the blighters pi$$ing off with the trap attached to a leg.