Thread: Torx

Torx

Anyone know the T size number for Optilock scope ring screws, I'm guessing at around 5 / 7 ish?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Just found these at Halfords just up the road, T10 size is found to be correct.
    Last edited by finnbear270; 12-10-2014 at 09:32.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

sweet
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Thanks for your pm Mark.

If they came from Halfords I would just put them on the shelf and look at how pretty they are and go to a good engineer supplier and buy a decent set.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Torx

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    If they came from Halfords I would just put them on the shelf and look at how pretty they are and go to a good engineer supplier and buy a decent set.
    Halfords aren't what they used to be. Check out the reviews their tools are getting these days.
    P

I've got the Halfords professional socket set (I paid 112) and I can't fault it plus it has a lifetime free replacement guarantee if anything breaks. Maybe some of their cheaper ranges aren't very good though.

After wrecking endless fastenings with cheap Allen and Torx wrenches, I now use Bondhus T-wrenches - they cost about 45 for a set of eight but are superb quality. I now have sets in metric, Torx and also in imperial for American fastenings.

Annoyingly given their price, Optilock fastenings appear to be made of some kind of cheese-based metal that shreds with nothing more than a hard look, plus have a non-standard head size so cannot be replaced off the shelf - the guys at http://www.shootingshed.co.uk make lovely replacement screws in A4 stainless steel that can be fitted and removed repeatedly without fear of damage.