Where's best for Le Chameau Chasseur wellies?

philross

My current pair have done me exceptionally well, 8 years through all terrains, but they're nearing the stage where replacement will be required.
Anyone know where best to get them from? Or, any alernatives that would match up to them?

Avoid a new pair like the plague! I used chameau for years, but in the last 4-5 years they've gone a bit shoddy! Changed to aigle 2 years ago, wouldn't set foot in anything else now!

Avoid a new pair like the plague! I used chameau for years, but in the last 4-5 years they've gone a bit shoddy! Changed to aigle 2 years ago, wouldn't set foot in anything else now!
Thanks for your response speyloon, much appreciated.

Nae bother! I'm afraid they have, my wellies are used every single day, used to get two years out of my chameaus, dropped away to less than a season. aigle are far more comfortable and give decent ankle support (for a welly). But on tougher days the meindles come out!

Would have to agree with what's been said, quality just isn't there to justify anything close to the price tag, i do still think they are the most comfortable though, so I recently bought the vierzonord for 140 posted from CCW clothing but I can't for the life of me work out why they thought it was a good idea to put a rubber pad at the base of the heel which I'm sure was supposed to be there to stop your heel slipping, but all it does is grip on your socks and pull them off your feet, and then, when you get a bit sweaty, they squeek and squelch as your heel slips on them......great design, well done! Last pair for me!

Best place to find a pair of Chameau's is in your local rubbish tip. They don't last a season

Many thanks for the feedback, my current pair have served me extremely well, but given the reports I'll give them a miss this time around.
Aigle will be in the House before the weekend :thumb:

Out of interest, what is wrong with the current LCC? The zips have always given up all to soon so what else? Oh, and what zippy Agile to get?

Cheers

K

Out of interest, what is wrong with the current LCC? The zips have always given up all to soon so what else? Oh, and what zippy Agile to get?

Cheers

K

its probably easier to ask what's right with them.... They leak, they split, the zips fail, the press studs fall off after a few weeks and the life of the soles resemble butter they are that soft... Just some of the things keepers have said while handing me faulty pairs back!!!!

I've had most of them with my last two pairs of chasseurnords! But upper splitting from the sole was the biggest problem! Went for neoprene aigles without the zip, I've got chunky legs and they fit quite well. Always needed a zip with the lc's!

My last pair both split just above the heal. I liked them but they are way too delicate and expensive and Not fit for purpose.

Back