Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All Round Scope

All Round Scope

Hello

Im new to stalking and have only had 2 trips so far with my third go come, just purchased my first stalking rifle in 3006 and looking for a good allround scope with a flexable mag range so could perhaps use it for driven and also longer range shots

Would also be interested to see whats available over the whole price range from budget to top end

Any help or product feedback would be much appreciated

Kind Regards

We do Vortex scopes, they start from around 130.00 and go up to 2000.00 plus. They are all of differing specs but all have a unbeatable warranty. I would suggest Googleing Vortex optics, and if there is anything that you like the look of, let us quote you. Hope this helps

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

New Zeiss conquest d/l 3x12x50 ill, cracking scope or very little money.

You may be asking too much from one scope to cover both driver boar and long range shots.
    A good all round boar/stalking scope might be a meopta 1.5-6x42 or something similar.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    You may be asking too much from one scope to cover both driver boar and long range shots.
    A good all round boar/stalking scope might be a meopta 1.5-6x42 or something similar.
    +1. I've tried to use one scope for more than one role and given up. Put a rail on your rifle and mount the (Swarovski) scope for the job in hand. Regards JCS

I'd be thinking something along the lines of 1-4x for boar, 2-7x for woods stalking and 3-9x for hill stalking.

A 2.5-10x does a fair job of covering both types of stalking, and something like the 1.5-6x Meopta could cover for all three in a pinch. But I'd rather have a 1-4x and a 2.5-10x.

Cheers,
    Jeff.

You say your new to stalking

I wouldnt worry too much about the different type of scope for different game youll have your hands full just with that 3006 lol

joking aside maybe a z6i in 2.5x15x56 its illuminated and has a very low mag and a very high mag and great in low light

other than a specific scope for different game or situations i think its a very good happy medium

Quote Originally Posted by Samthpsn89 View Post
    Hello

Im new to stalking and have only had 2 trips so far with my third go come, just purchased my first stalking rifle in 3006 and looking for a good allround scope with a flexable mag range so could perhaps use it for driven and also longer range shots

Would also be interested to see whats available over the whole price range from budget to top end

Any help or product feedback would be much appreciated

Kind Regards
    My Kahles was 899.00 a4 3-12x56 I would buy it again.....

Tim.243

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
    ...A 2.5-10x does a fair job of covering both types of stalking.. .
    This is the best compromise in my view, I have a Swarovski 2.5-10x42 on my 30/06. Works very well. On the occasions I have been boar shooting with a small 1.5x type scope, I have cranked the mag up to 2.5 or 3x anyway, I don't like to see my barrel in the scope.

I would avoid big 56mm scopes like the plague.

A 3-12x50 would be a good choice also if you feel you need a bit more mag or glass.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

I'd go for a 3-12x50 illuminated matey. I have 2 of that kind. Uttings has a cracking deal on the Swarovski Z4i at the moment.