Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World record for guns in a cabinet?

World record for guns in a cabinet?

Everyone has heard about how many people they can fit in a mini. I was wondering this morning after trying to squeeze yet another gun in the cabinet, what the record is for the different sized cabinets.

What's the record by ratio (guns/gun sized cabinet)?

19 in a 10 gun cabinet. Don't know if it's a record, but to close the door "dedication's what you need"

5 rifles, 2 shotguns and 3 spare barrels in a "3 gun" cabinet

I don't know about cabinets as such. But, I had to call in on a local enthusiast about sourcing a part for my Smle recently. His `gun cupboard` was the size of my home office and I stopped counting at 56 rifles

Mr. Muir? I believe you are being paged...

I went a short while with 5 rifles, 2 shotguns and an air rifle in a 5 gun (storing some guns for a friend). Incredible ball ache that I will not be repeating.
    Last edited by Mungo; 14-10-2014 at 07:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    Oh dear, this is going to be a high number, I shared a bedroom with a 6 gun type cabinet that had well in excess of a dozen rifles in it. Then their is the "other" place with racks and stuff in, God knows how many in there! I do recall one time sitting in his lounge, admittedly we had been testing ammo and needed a variety, and counted 17 rimfires leaning up against the wall

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

In my five gun rifle cabinet I have housed at the same time 2 rifles, 1 combination gun, 3 side by side 12 bores, 1over and under 12, 1 over and under 20, 1 sbs 410, 1 single barreled 410, and 1 air rifle.

And here's me thinking of getting a 6 gun cabinet to hold my 2 rifles and 2 shotguns

My best friend in high school had 3 brothers. His mom and dad both hunted too. So a .22, .25-06, .30-30 and .30-06 each, with a couple of .22-250s and random other stuff thrown in, led to about 30 rifles in their basement.

They were nominally stored leaning against a wall, but every time I saw them someone had earlier snagged one or two others while extracting one and they all lay in a heap on the concrete floor.

Cheers,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post

I went a short while with 5 rifles, 2 shotguns and an air rifle in a 5 gun (storing some guns for a friend). Incredible ball ache that I will not be repeating.
    I had to read this post a couple of times before the penny dropped. My surname is also Muir, and I couldn't figure how you could know that