Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clay advice for a "friend"?

Clay advice for a "friend"?

One of our syndicate guns is hitting nothing and he changed his gun for a new Beretta and it is even worse only hitting 8 out of 150 clays. He has had tuition and thinks shotgunning is all about speed and he has even went and had the stock cast bent 1/4" whatever that will achieve. He loves Aucterhouse but i hate that place. He needs to slow down and not shoot like he is in a flush with four hungry guns.
    I would like to get him on a Sporting layout and start off with easy and work up to a high tower. He is trying to run before he can walk and has been to Auchterhouse four times with guys who shoot high flushes.
    Where can we go tomorrow that will let me button easy birds to progress to trickier birds only after he has got his eye on the easier clays?
    Scotland only obviously.

Logically, Cluny. Very simple incomer on l hand layout. Move next door to stand 1 lowhouse on the skeet, bits and bobs here and there. Simples.

Think he might be better taking up fishing

Yes Cluny..the tutor there is very good.He seems to be pretty well booked Fri Sat Sun but I got in during the week no problem.
    Helped me a lot.

ps...let us know how the "friend" gets on
    Atb
    Last edited by private fraser; 13-10-2014 at 20:14.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

this may sound like I am taking the P__s but has he had his eyes checked out , can he hit left handers but not right handers etc?
    8 out of 150 is pretty poor

Is he lifting his head? I've seen a few people recommending this: Duck Buster Deadringer Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by bogwelly View Post
    this may sound like I am taking the P__s but has he had his eyes checked out , can he hit left handers but not right handers etc?
    8 out of 150 is pretty poor
    +1. Does he know which eye is his master eye? Secondly, does his shotgun fit? Regards JCS

Another for Cluny. A variety of clays, some easy thru to advanced. A nice set up and easy to get to for you too.

Is he new to shotguns ? as maybe he's not consistent with his gun mounting, if trying to shoot very fast .......

Don's at central scotland SS.

Nutty

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    One of our syndicate guns is hitting nothing and he changed his gun for a new Beretta and it is even worse only hitting 8 out of 150 clays. He has had tuition and thinks shotgunning is all about speed and he has even went and had the stock cast bent 1/4" whatever that will achieve. He loves Aucterhouse but i hate that place. He needs to slow down and not shoot like he is in a flush with four hungry guns.
    I would like to get him on a Sporting layout and start off with easy and work up to a high tower. He is trying to run before he can walk and has been to Auchterhouse four times with guys who shoot high flushes.
    Where can we go tomorrow that will let me button easy birds to progress to trickier birds only after he has got his eye on the easier clays?
    Scotland only obviously.
    If I could hit eight out of a hundred and fifty I'd be a happy man