Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norway 2014

Norway 2014

Well this years elg (moose) hunt has again been and gone and a great time was had by all concerned, mates and I arrived at the hunting area a week into the season , of the 12 elg quota 6 had already been taken, including this fine 15 pointer
    After meeting up with the rest of the guys we had soon drawn our posts and where on our way, weather was fine and as normal the scenery was stunning

Nothing on the first day, but my mate got lucky the following day taking a large cow
    her calf was also shot and although mortally
    wounded decided to swim 100yds into a lake before breathing its last ,this made for an interesting recovery involving a small boat and a broken rail for oars.
    My chance came the following afternoon , my post was looking up onto a rough bank bellow standing timber
    , a low honking noise first got my attention then out walked what I was looking for , a bull elg, as he walked slowly across the face at approx. 130yds I shouldered my rifle and sent a 150 grainner just behind his foreleg , he took the shot and stood swaying , I quickly reloaded and decided to give him another , I was now steady on my knee and shot him in the heart , he staggered down the face before collapsing out of sight , although I could see his feet kicking in the air.After reporting on the radio I waited 10 mins before making my way up to find my prize

He had fallen in a large hollow in the ground which made for a pretty heavy drag before a rope could be attached to the tractor and a full recovery made.

sounds and looks like a great trip,nice one!!

what outfitter did you go with?

Well done tony. There would be a good bit of dressing on them big beasts. Hows the sheep season going over there......scott

Quote Originally Posted by bigscott270 View Post
    Well done tony. There would be a good bit of dressing on them big beasts. Hows the sheep season going over there......scott
    Cheers Scott, biggest problem is by the time they get back to base the can be quite stiff, so can be awkward with there big long legs , normally side them out on the deck and back them off whilst hanging from the front end loader..
    Season going good, weather pretty crxp wont stop raining , your mate must be getting on ok , not heard otherwise...

We are lucky to be hunting as guests so no nee for outfitters

Nice ! It still rains .....

Quote Originally Posted by nell View Post
    fine 15 pointer
    Wow - he's a good'un...

Hi lad how's you . Big well done on your moose .a will here all about it when you get home

Quote Originally Posted by amanda16 View Post
    Hi lad how's you . Big well done on your moose .a will here all about it when you get home
    You know me Tom, modest to the core, probably never mention it, unless you ask of course...
    All good here getting through them now , looking forward to get home..

Nice one, congratulations! What calibre did you use?

Well done mate!

That 15 pointer is a cracker, the biggest I've seen over in our terrain was a 13 pointer taken a few years ago.

I got lucky this year and got a bull calf.
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here