Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sika bonchester

Question Sika bonchester

Does any one know if the sika rut has started in the bonchester bridge area 😱😱😱😂

ask the boys at Stonedge, they shot a couple last year.

I had a wee sika spiker and his girlfriend on my land just off the A68 two years ago, but no sign of them since. They were there for about a months time tbh, and the year before that I had a couple hinds and calves pass through for a few weeks, then disappear again.

is there a 'population', maybe, but it's still in its infancy and I suspect the Sika we do see there are just transient.

I did actually post pictures of sika on my land near bonchester on the SD a couple years ago, so whilst the joke is actually pretty funny as there's obvi no sporting or commercial scale deer population,,they 'are' there Amanda,,sorry to say

Quote Originally Posted by amanda16 View Post
    Does any one know if the sika rut has started in the bonchester bridge area 

Liddlesdale is the man to ask he advertised Sika being on the syndicate ground he has near Bonchester. PKL post the Picky's and NAME the ground I think Tam and Allan would be very surprised as they virtually live on the grounds on a daily basis. I have stalked in the Bonchester area for years and met numerous stalkers that stalk all over the area NOT ONE has reported the sighting of SIKA. The nearest place I have seen Sika is Moffat the ground I stalked there backed onto Talla reservoir. (Sika Stag Whistle Whistle am I near Bonchester as I want to RUT!!! Roe Doe No mate your bloody miles away LOL !!!!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo 30 06 View Post
    Liddlesdale is the man to ask he advertised Sika being on the syndicate ground he has near Bonchester. PKL post the Picky's and NAME the ground I think Tam and Allan would be very surprised as they virtually live on the grounds on a daily basis. I have stalked in the Bonchester area for years and met numerous stalkers that stalk all over the area NOT ONE has reported the sighting of SIKA. The nearest place I have seen Sika is Moffat the ground I stalked there backed onto Talla reservoir. (Sika Stag Whistle Whistle am I near Bonchester as I want to RUT!!! Roe Doe No mate your bloody miles away LOL !!!!!!!)
    There are Sika much closer than Moffat

al

the advert actually said roe and chance of sika near Bonchester bridge and this was explained to me in more detail when I inquired about the ground, so nothing untoward was going on.
    Regards
    Jimmy
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    the advert actually said roe and chance of sika near Bonchester bridge and this was explained to me in more detail when I inquired about the ground, so nothing untoward was going on.
    Regards
    Jimmy
    yes that was what the man said,he said possible sika.

Pics were on my old computer that was lost to a spilled glass of wine, but are probably still on the SD somewhere.
    Sorry, not naming the ground, but, I can say that last year I had on two occasions a sika hind and once a tiny stag in the scope on the harwood hill opposite stonedge..next time I think I might just pull the trigger for some evidenc! Lol

Remember folks take the post the way it was meant to be taken.have a laugh and keep reply's nice ����

youve started something now Tam, lol.

As my very kind syndicate members have said jimbo, i did advertise there may be a chance of sika and you will find they were told ive never seen one and, only reports on SD.

Heard a whistle this morning , could have ben from the Stonedge/Harwood area...