Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't post an ad?

Can't post an ad?

I've been a member of your site for more than thirty days and I've made more than thirty posts. So, I thought I met your minimum advertising requirements, but when I try to post I get a message saying "You Can't Advertise in Here Yet!". Is this because of something I have or have not done?

Email admin and they'll sort it
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Have you actually tried posting an ad?

There is a general notice which says "You need at least 30 posts and been registered for 30 days to create ads in this section."

This notice is permanent and is displayed whether you have 30 posts or not.

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Have you actually tried posting an ad?

There is a general notice which says "You need at least 30 posts and been registered for 30 days to create ads in this section."

This notice is permanent and is displayed whether you have 30 posts or not.
    I quoted the message I was shown which is not the same as the message you've quoted here, but I admit the message I did see discouraged me to the point where I did not try to post. I'll now go ahead and try posting, thanks.

Success! Thanks.

It looks like it only just promoted you when you started this thread. This can happen when people only just meet the criteria (it was only 30 days yesterday I think) and then aren't active. It will wait until you are next on the site before kicking off the process which can then take 1 hour from that point.

But I'm sure you weren't just clock watching until you could use the site to start selling stuff, were you?

Thanks for the explanation but your last remark is a bit cryptic. As it happens, I wasn't "just clock watching" as you put it, but I'm detecting a definite inference/undertone that starting selling stuff is something you'd rather I didn't do. Am I missing something here?

I note you have "Trade Members". I am not in the gun trade, if that's what concerns you, and I am not offering items for sale as a way of earning a living, but I am hoping to sell possibly four or five items over the next few weeks as a way of raising some of the cash toward the purchase a new rifle. Which, who know,s I may well also buy from this website. Is any of this likely to be a problem?

Relax, it was just tongue in cheek.

If you knew how many "why can't I post an ad yet?" questions we get from 30 post'ers who then go onto use the classifeds section almost exclusively you'd understand our cynicism.

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Relax, it was just tongue in cheek.

If you knew how many "why can't I post an ad yet?" questions we get from 30 post'ers who then go onto use the classifeds section almost exclusively you'd understand our cynicism.
    I'm afraid to say it has taken me ages to work out what you meant above. As of this post I see I am now a "61" poster. As for "our cynicism", I'm still working on what that refers to, but since you have not raised any objections to what I said I want to do, I'll press on. Thanks.

Welcome to the site. Give as much as you take and it's a cracking place
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)