Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning tackle when away stalking

Cleaning tackle when away stalking

Hi all,

I have plenty of tackle for cleaning when at home, however I don't want to take it all with me when I head up to Scotland or where ever. What do you usually take..bore snake is not a valid response.. Bad times involving a .243, bore snake, bench and lube

Cheers

wills

I have a small pull through kit that I take. Got it from the BDS on line shop.

I have a rod & patches, oil etc that live in the hard case I transport my rifle in plus a pull-through in my roe-sack.

Wills --- Don't blame bore snakes for you being ????? (you can fill in this bit)

An Otis kit will do most things well enough - clear loose blockages, effective light clean pull through for many calibres - just add oil & cloths to keep things dried off, tidy & running smooth. PLUS a good lens cleaning kit.

Ian

call me crazy, but when I'm away for a few days I tend to pack a full cleaning kit, including air/dust sprayer aerosol, oils, patches, etc. etc. I also bring a full set of tools if I need to adjust my scope or tighten anything loose.

when out on the hill I usually stick a few bits in a bag I leave in the argo, so if I do plug the barrel (never actually done that), it's not too bad to run back, clean out, take a fouling shot at a coke can and head back.

Hitch them into the B&B bedroom sink and remember to flush away the mud.

This being the now harder to find type of Highland B&B where you need a 50P for the wee single bar heater and if you donít materialize for breakfast before 9AM the porridge sits in the bowl along with a side order of burnt toast until you do.

Happy Glenisla days.

K

Unless your planning a fire fight. A lightly oiled rag for wiping down and some lens tissue and cleaner for scope will see you through

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    An Otis kit will do most things well enough - clear loose blockages, effective light clean pull through for many calibres - just add oil & cloths to keep things dried off, tidy & running smooth. PLUS a good lens cleaning kit. Ian
    +1 for Otis

Well I was going to suggest babywipes until I opened the thread.

Depends on if you mean to take on the hill or leave in the temporary accommodation

I take a folding rod and jags for the house and a pull through
    few Allan keys and the tool kit that sits in the car

never shot enough on a trip to require more than remedial cleaning and removing dirt and water