Thread: Stalkers selling carcass to clients scotland

Stalkers selling carcass to clients scotland

Brought his up on stratts thread about bartering. Instead of taking hat off topic thought best start a new thread. Bogtrotter pointed out that in Scotland in order to sell venison I has to got through a game dealer. Does this also affect stalkers who allow clients to purchase the carcass even though it does not go through a licensed dealer or is it different because the client has been the person who shot the beast?

Quote Originally Posted by AlasdairM View Post
    Brought his up on stratts thread about bartering. Instead of taking hat off topic thought best start a new thread. Bogtrotter pointed out that in Scotland in order to sell venison I has to got through a game dealer. Does this also affect stalkers who allow clients to purchase the carcass even though it does not go through a licensed dealer or is it different because the client has been the person who shot the beast?
    AlasdairM,

Exactly, the "fee" is not a sale but a factor of the outings total cost. After all, if you were using the estate rifle and paying for the bullet......

Rental, of rifles and sale of ammunition isn't legal ( I know it happens in Manchester/London/Liverpool pubs )

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    AlasdairM,

Exactly, the "fee" is not a sale but a factor of the outings total cost. After all, if you were using the estate rifle and paying for the bullet......

Rental, of rifles and sale of ammunition isn't legal ( I know it happens in Manchester/London/Liverpool pubs )

Stan
    This is what I was told in my DSC1 regarding the use of the assessors rifle. It was free as they couldn't charge for its use as it wasn't legal. I personally think this differs from adjusting the total cost of an outing as to avoid the selling angle but I've not got any experience of paid stalks or selling venison to really know for definite.

Interesting so the deer shot by a guest must not be sold or bartered unless you have a Game Dealer Licence.

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    AlasdairM,

Stan
    Not so sure about that its illegal to charge for the use of an estate rifle, but the act clearly states
    that the borrower may purchase or acquire ammunition,does not state that he may not buy it from the person who has a certificate for the rifle, only states that certificate holder must be present at any purchase and any purchase must not be more than the certificate holder is allowed

Jez you boys make your lives complicated.