Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PAY BACK: Range Rover customer revenge...

PAY BACK: Range Rover customer revenge...

Furious driver dumps his £50,000 Range Rover outside showroom... emblazoned with a list of its 'faults'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/motoring/...st-faults.html
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

My first reaction was " this guys lucky he has had no major problems" I'd hate to think what he would of done if he had the same problems as myself, and as for land rovers goodwill policy what a load of b******s, the amount of times my dealer informed me " Its a design fault" after taking thousands of pounds off me for a repair on a vehicle just out of warranty, "if Land Rover admit it you will be refunded" guess what I'm still waiting and needless to say will never purchase another

i would love a land rover but am terrified of the problems you hear about them. My sister had a complete engine rebuild on a HSE disco to the tune of £5000 last year, not covered under warranty.

i know a brand new disco owned by my m8,s wife to be had a slight issue.she drove to town in colchester,parked up .2 hours l8r she comes back starts the engine BANG CRASH CRUNCH.the gearbox seized up and sheared off in the carpark. oil and bits all over the floor having gone about 3 feet.it was carted off under a tarp by the local dealers and her lawyer got her pennys back.funny enough she,s never bought 1 since

Quote Originally Posted by tozzybum View Post
    i know a brand new disco owned by my m8,s wife to be had a slight issue.she drove to town in colchester,parked up .2 hours l8r she comes back starts the engine BANG CRASH CRUNCH.the gearbox seized up and sheared off in the carpark. oil and bits all over the floor having gone about 3 feet.it was carted off under a tarp by the local dealers and her lawyer got her pennys back.funny enough she,s never bought 1 since
    On the flip side of that I have a nearly 3 year old Disco 4 which I have had from new and it has not been back to the dealership with a single fault, I will however be taking out the extended warranty just in case....

the roads must be bad in colchester

Quote Originally Posted by lister View Post
    the roads must be bad in colchester
    They are,the Romans built them,and the Paddy's and Pikies have repaired them.

Where ever did you find that Ian? It's from June 09! I have an 08 Freelander 2 HSE which has never been back for repairs after 55K miles so don't believe that they're all duds.

Quote Originally Posted by artschool View Post
    i would love a land rover but am terrified of the problems you hear about them. My sister had a complete engine rebuild on a HSE disco to the tune of £5000 last year, not covered under warranty.
    I totally agree!
    love the idea
    have seen good money thrown after bad on stupid designs issues and really shoddy materials