I've got a confession to make...

Wills

So, it happened... I and the blaser r93 pro have fallen out of favour. Simply put, there is no passion there. I even stopped using it for a while, electing to use a turnbolt instead, it felt good. I thought I would miss the straight pull, but I didn't. Sure, it is accurate, but it is lacking something else. So, with that I'm in the process of exchanging it, with a few quid for a 202.

Anyone else lost that loving feeling?

So, it happened... I and the blaser r93 pro have fallen out of favour. Simply put, there is no passion there. I even stopped using it for a while, electing to use a turnbolt instead, it felt good. I thought I would miss the straight pull, but I didn't. Sure, it is accurate, but it is lacking something else. So, with that I'm in the process of exchanging it, with a few quid for a 202.

Anyone else lost that loving feeling?

No...but then it's a rifle, not flesh and blood. If there was a fire I wouldn't run back into the house to save it. I'd grab the knives before I grabbed the rifle.

I take it out of the cabinet, it works, I put it back. What's to love?

Strangely enough I'm having the same thoughts with my R8 at the moment. It's a machine and has no soul, even though it's a brilliant bit of kit I think I actually just prefer using my Sako 75. Having said that I'm really just not bothered about having a 6.5x55 so maybe just a swap to a different calibre would sort me out.

I'm off to stock up on Loden as I detect a change in wind that frankly feels damn good!

Don't stop at any old 202 when the soul will reward you still further for ensuring there is no exposed barrel to aggravate your malady.

K

I suppose because I'm not a pro deer manager/ranger/stalker (what ever label you add), a rifle to me is not only a tool. If I was, then I would stick with a t3 lite.

it will have a lovely walnut stock and a fluted barrel. It will have a mod, as I need to use one where I go..plus I'm not fond of loosing my hearing

Last edited:
I suppose because I'm not a pro deer manager/ranger/stalker (what ever label you add), a rifle to me is not only a tool. I've I was, then I would stick with a t3 lite.
Don't feel the need to apologise! Your treatment has commenced and salvation is within grasp whatsoever the naysayers may cast your way in attempt to delay your rehabilitation.

Cheers

K

No...but then it's a rifle, not flesh and blood. If there was a fire I wouldn't run back into the house to save it. I'd grab the knives before I grabbed the rifle.

I take it out of the cabinet, it works, I put it back. What's to love?

Not flesh and blood!!!
In the event of a fire it goes Rigby (my dog), Nelly (my big gun) and then my missus...she's got legs and is smart enough to know my priorities ;)

On a serious note Wills, I think it's champion that you've decided that your aren't a pro, it's recreational so why not enjoy the rifle as much as the stalk.
Mines a single shot and love it to pieces :) The amount I get out I don't need to have an all weather rifle.

Not knocking those who want the practicality of an all weather thing. To some it's a tool, to others it's a beautiful tool.

My favorite gunshop is now a Blaser dealer (or, a least they have a half dozen of them) and as much as I try, I can't get wound up about them. I stare at them in the shop, and I've handled a slew of them at the S.H.O.T Show in Las Vegas, but they do absolutely nothing for me at all. I know they are accurate,yes, but so are a lot of other rifles.~Muir

machine: Tikka T3, Sako A7, Finnlight 85 Stainless
soul: L61R Finnbear, L579 Forester, Full stock carbine in .30-06.

machine: Remington 700 XCR 7mm Rem Mag
soul: Remington 700 Mountain Rifle in .257 Roberts

machine: Steyr Model M Professional, SSG-69, SBS Prohunter
soul: 1952 carbine in 6.5x54mm, 1950 Express in .30-06

Pure soul: Winchester Model 71, Browning B78, 1886 with octagon barrel in .45-70, 1903 sporters by Grffin & Howes, old Marlins, Savage 1899 takedowns, Oberndorf Mausers, British Stalking Rifles from the 1930s and 1950s, single shot Merkel / Blaser / Krieghoff

Some you win & some you lose....I found a winner in 2003 with my Blaser K95....a magical piece of kit that will stay with me until I log off permanently. ATB

Blaser 006.jpg Blaser 002.jpg

I do worry about people looking at there guns in any other light than as a tool. I have a nice well made Sauer and like Willygun out of my hunting gear my guns are the last thing I would grab .DOG and Bins in that order.

I use mine as I would a hammer, I must admit I like the K95 but would I spend that much money on something to hold the electric fence down when I climb over. As to what would happen in a fire, that's what insurance is for possession wise I would grab something like a picture my son or daughter did when they were children.

Before this embarks to the land of the weird, if there was a fire, the lot would be left.. As previously eluded, it isn't flesh and blood. I just like a rifle to have more about it.

I could have gone for an R8 with wood..but I don't want to.

I use mine as I would a hammer, I must admit I like the K95 but would I spend that much money on something to hold the electric fence down when I climb over. As to what would happen in a fire, that's what insurance is for possession wise I would grab something like a picture my son or daughter did when they were children.

The fire could burn like hell for me, the guns would survive, probably wouldn't even get warm, but first handful would be the scruff of the neck of Brian the dog, the other handful would be same with Marvin the dog.;)

I loved my R93, it was also the most consistent and accurate rifle I have ever shot..........
But by the time I got home with it I was already wishing I had not bought it, no soul
I did take it out a few times, but very soon I was reaching for my CZ's and ignoring the Blaser.
I'm also not a fan of the all the tiny pot metal die cast components, fortunately I managed to sell it for what I had in it.

Neil. :)

I loved my R93, it was also the most consistent and accurate rifle I have ever shot..........
But by the time I got home with it I was already wishing I had not bought it, no soul
I did take it out a few times, but very soon I was reaching for my CZ's and ignoring the Blaser.
I'm also not a fan of the all the tiny pot metal die cast components, fortunately I managed to sell it for what I had in it.

Neil. :)

Exactly, that is my point

i own several blasers and would never sell them , they are just tools that consistently works again again and again

andy

machine: Tikka T3, Sako A7, Finnlight 85 Stainless
soul: L61R Finnbear, L579 Forester, Full stock carbine in .30-06.

machine: Remington 700 XCR 7mm Rem Mag
soul: Remington 700 Mountain Rifle in .257 Roberts

machine: Steyr Model M Professional, SSG-69, SBS Prohunter
soul: 1952 carbine in 6.5x54mm, 1950 Express in .30-06

Pure soul: Winchester Model 71, Browning B78, 1886 with octagon barrel in .45-70, 1903 sporters by Grffin & Howes, old Marlins, Savage 1899 takedowns, Oberndorf Mausers, British Stalking Rifles from the 1930s and 1950s, single shot Merkel / Blaser / Krieghoff
You are wise indeed.:tiphat::thumb:

Back