Fjall Raven Hunting Jackets

KB1

Has anyone got one or tried one of these. Am looking for a light weight all year round jacket and their G1000 range looks good (Varu / Brenner). Need something less bulky as well as my body often gets too hot in most clothing

I've had loads of FR kit over many years. G1000 practically indestructible but polyester/cotton mix needs constant waxing to keep water out. That can be a pain in the arras. Generally well designed but check that you have a zipped pocket or two for securing items. FR tend to favour poppers on their pockets, and mobile phones aren't cheap. Pretty pricey, but will take a lot of abuse.

FR don't make winter outers and the are not and never will be even water resistant never mind water proof no matter how much Greenland wax you apply.
But for a woodland walk in spring or autumn there is none better.

FR don't make winter outers and the are not and never will be even water resistant never mind water proof no matter how much Greenland wax you apply.
But for a woodland walk in spring or autumn there is none better.

Agreed. They are more suitable to dry and cold weather found in Scandinavia

Agreed. They are more suitable to dry and cold weather found in Scandinavia

Interesting point. Ok, thanks for this, will need to reconsider. Not that I'm always going to be out in the rain but this is the UK, so have to expect the showers. I'm looking for a top end jacket/trousers combo, all year round. Cant do the big bulky thing, will just sweat loads. being tall and lanky i'm looking for a reasonably snug fit, with room for 2 other layers ( t shirt and sweater/long sleeve top). Will send out a separate thread on this me thinks

Back