Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hornady Brass Users: Hang on to your wallets.

Hornady Brass Users: Hang on to your wallets.

FYI. I was in the City last night and one of the local shops got in a fresh shipment of Hornady brass. Across the board the prices were up about 18 percent.~Muir

Thanks for the heads up - I personally don't use the stuff - German manufactured stuff is better, cheaper and more easily available over here.
    I could send you some?

Cheers Muir, good to know mate.
    I use Norma brass so my wallet already gets one hell of a work out!

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    Thanks for the heads up - I personally don't use the stuff - German manufactured stuff is better, cheaper and more easily available over here.
    I could send you some?
    Thanks but I'm set. The only Hornady brass I'm using is 204 Ruger and I have enough to last me. I just wanted to pass this along in case there are some here who dote on the big H.~Muir

How is the price of Hornady bullets
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    How is the price of Hornady bullets
    Up. About 20 percent. The SST's used to sell for $28/100 for 30 cal.( 150, 165, 180) They are now $34 US. That was about the largest jump, percentage-wise.~Muir

has all brass gone up in price ? i was going to buy some rp brass until i saw the price 68 per 100 no way im paying that. i cannot see how the price can be justified when the price of scrap brass is around the 3.20 per KG. and a kg will make an awful lot of cases. and some guys are paying an awfull lot more than 68 for there brass .when the madness in the USA stops and people think hold on i have a life times worth of ammo and bullets in the garage and stop buying . the bottom may fall out of the market

Quote Originally Posted by ndt man View Post
    has all brass gone up in price ? i was going to buy some rp brass until i saw the price 68 per 100 no way im paying that. i cannot see how the price can be justified when the price of scrap brass is around the 3.20 per KG. and a kg will make an awful lot of cases. and some guys are paying an awfull lot more than 68 for there brass .when the madness in the USA stops and people think hold on i have a life times worth of ammo and bullets in the garage and stop buying . the bottom may fall out of the market
    I agree, all commodity markets move like this. The price goes up, supply is then increased, a big surplus is generated, so then the price crashes, capacity is removed, back to the start, then repeat, repeat.. Crops like coffee and cocoa are always cycling round this loop, and oil would if OPEC didn't keep opening and closing the taps to regulate supply.

The US manufacturers aren't daft, they may well be limiting the increases to production to extend the good times. If I was in their shoes I certainly would!

when the madness in the USA stops and people think hold on i have a life times worth of ammo and bullets in the garage and stop buying .
    Explain how this works?
    We in the US have been without a steady supply of brass, bullets, and powder for almost three years now and despite this, some of you Brits continue to insist that the only reason you don't get components is because all the greedy Americans buy them first. The truth is that there has been a greatly curtailed production of components so that the manufacturers could meet their obligations to the US government who has put in orders for multiple billion rounds of small arms ammunition, several times over, over the last three years. If you look at US suppliers you will see that more than not, next to the "Out of Stock" along side the product code, it says "Temporarily Unavailable From Manufacturer". Do you sincerely believe that US manufacturers are suspending production of some brass and bullets (Hornady dropped 120 styles of bullets) because there were so many Americans wanting to buy them? That the demand was so high that they just quit producing to avoid making all that money?

F-ing nonsense.

You guys are just now experiencing the shortages we have been feeling (and I have been warning about) for several years. Quit whining about it.~Muir

(Harrumph!)
    Last edited by Muir; 20-10-2014 at 05:34.

Mike have you looked at Prvi Partizan cases instead, they are a fair bit cheaper and if the .243 are as good as the .308 cases I have they represent good value for money. http://www.henrykrank.com/index.php?...oducts_id=2543
    I was looking at the Sportsman website and was surprised by the price of RP cases too. They are almost as expensive as Lapua which are reputably of much better quality.

Oh, and please stop winding up our American cousins you know they are sensitive about hoarding. The poor guy is down to his last half million rounds and you jump in and upset him.
    Last edited by 8x57; 20-10-2014 at 06:56.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.