Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top End Stalking Jacket / Trousers - advice pls

Top End Stalking Jacket / Trousers - advice pls

I'm looking for a top end stalking jacket and trouser combo. To use all year round where possible (would use a fleece in the hotter days in summer). I'm 6ft 4 and slim build, long arms (bucket me in the tall and lanky group) so I want to have a reasonably snug /tighter fit. Can't deal with bulkier jackets, like the Harkila Pro Hunter, which also look v baggy. Plus I build up a lot of body heat so would only look to have a couple of layers underneath (t shirt and sweater/long sleeve).
    Any tips would be welcome. Thx

Out of all the jackets and trousers I've ever used the ones I use the most are now the browning hells canyon range I have 3 trousers and a jacket they can be layered to suit time of year and are very weatherproof, fit nice and are silent for really wet weather I got a set of austrian mountain goretex which is a shell over garment 100% waterproof breathable and cheap

if the weathers scorching 5.11 trousers and a shirt do well with the goretex on hand if rain threatens my wife bought me the browning hells canyon as she liked the feel of it I now live in it. It stinks

Hi Blaire, there is only ONE jacket ever made for spring, summer, autumn and winter use but unfortunately your dog is wearing it

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Hi Blaire, there is only ONE jacket ever made for spring, summer, autumn and winter use but unfortunately your dog is wearing it

Classic
    dave

blaire,
    I have a Ridgeline Roar jacket and trousers which you can wear layers underneath but I think one of the best ways to go is Military Surplus UK. I bought a Goretex jacket and trousers for around 60 pounds and they are outstanding. I have also previously read that you can get a combat smock to wear over the Goretex to keep it quiet. The price is right but in my opinion you then have a very versatile wardrobe that you can chop and change as required. Just a thought.

Red-Dot, Outstanding response!

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    brilliant! Am sure there is somewhere out there who is selling one of those too.

Quote Originally Posted by 762Scot View Post
    blaire,
    I have a Ridgeline Roar jacket and trousers which you can wear layers underneath but I think one of the best ways to go is Military Surplus UK. I bought a Goretex jacket and trousers for around 60 pounds and they are outstanding. I have also previously read that you can get a combat smock to wear over the Goretex to keep it quiet. The price is right but in my opinion you then have a very versatile wardrobe that you can chop and change as required. Just a thought.
    have never considered, will take a look

Quote Originally Posted by 762Scot View Post
    Red-Dot, Outstanding response!
    And spot on.

Nutty

Quote Originally Posted by blaire View Post
    brilliant! Am sure there is somewhere out there who is selling one of those too.
    Yes, the (in)famous Korean Stalking Clothing Supplies Inc.