Thread: hoggs of fife pro hunting gloves ?

hoggs of fife pro hunting gloves ?

Anyone tried these gloves ?
    Are they waterproof and warm etc ?
    Thanks

I have had two Hoggs products one was a jacket the other a pair of trousers. Both had the legend WATERPROOF in the description. Both have been very poor maybe water repellent for a couple of wears. Personally I would never buy anything else made by them but maybe I was just unlucky. I am sure other people will have had better experiences. I use Sealskinz Hunting gloves and they are superb, not cheap but the best gloves I have ever purchased and boy do I feel the cold.
    Last edited by vizslamad; 21-10-2014 at 08:04.

Thanks viz,
    I have sealskinz hunter and i think they are absolute rubbish, cold and no way waterproof. In hindsight i should of bought large rather than medium as maybe them being close fitting may have something to do with their poor performance

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_Bri View Post
    Thanks viz,
    I have sealskinz hunter and i think they are absolute rubbish, cold and no way waterproof. In hindsight i should of bought large rather than medium as maybe them being close fitting may have something to do with their poor performance
    I have the same gloves, and did the same thing.
    Initially I bought them in large but found them restrictive and cold, but after selling them and replacing with XL I have found them to be just the ticket, warm enough but retaining enough feel to confidently use the shotgun with them on.

I gave them a coating of Fabsil and they are retaining their 'waterproofness' into their third season.

http://www.swillingtonshootingsuppli...-Albin-Gloves/

Warm & waterproof and for £40, what's not to like! Only large left though
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I've had a few things from Hoggs. To be honest, I see them mostly as country clothes suppliers rather than serious wet weather outfitters. They do a good line in shoes and their shirts are excellent. (if that's any help). Their stuff is good quality, for it's intended use. I'd go to them for, say a pair of moleskin trousers rather than a pair of trousers to rival some Harkila goretex trousers and perhaps the same could be said of their gloves.
    Last edited by Pedro; 21-10-2014 at 22:48. Reason: Addition