Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bipod or not ??

Bipod or not ??

How many people like me zero the rifle prone using the bipod, then go woodland stalking and very rarely use the bipod at all ?? I am toying with the idea of removing mine prior to a few on the sika next month.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by cumbrian View Post
    How many people like me zero the rifle prone using the bipod, then go woodland stalking and very rarely use the bipod at all ?? I am toying with the idea of removing mine prior to a few on the sika next month.
    Brian
    About a year ago I stopped using my bipod (well stopped putting it on as I never seemed to be using it, lol).
    i now zero from bags.

As all my shots are taken from sticks when stalking roe in woodland I do not have the bipod attached however when out on the open hill after reds I put the bipod on.

Mulac

Just to throw a curve ball. I bought an Eberlestock Pack Mounted Rest that I have only used so far at the range but with good effect. Its lightweight and not too pricey when bought direct. It has attachments for mounting on any backpack with MOLLE strips. I am considering using it instead of a bipod.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulac View Post
    As all my shots are taken from sticks when stalking roe in woodland I do not have the bipod attached however when out on the open hill after reds I put the bipod on.

Mulac
    Thought about that but I am wary of the zero altering when putting the bipod back on ?? Does the zero alter on yours with it on and off ??
    Thanks

I have a bipod too, an new quad pod, GRS stock and mag conversion kit and I haven't had a buck all season! I'd have given up by now if I didn't enjoy just being out

I have two rifles. One with a bipod and one without. Last two outings I have had a muntjac of the dipod at 190m and a roe buck at 60m off sticks with the none dipod equipped rifle.

I used to have a bipod fitted all the time when stalking until I spent an afternoon on the range with Ian Farrington (IanF on SD). He suggested that I removed the bipod and got more used to using sticks in a number of different positions, even prone! This has proved to be sound advice and I no longer use the bipod except for zeroing on the range.

atb Tim

Do it!

I started with bipods and sound moderators, although I still have them in the cabinet I no longer use them. Gone naked, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by cumbrian View Post
    Brian

Took the bi-pod off a good while ago....I zero off my quad sticks as that is what I use all bar a little time in my high seats.
    I feel it is a lot safer off my sticks as I can see far more than lying down, also I have built in any discrepancy's into my shooting off them.

Tim.243