Thread: Hello from Devon

Hello from Devon

Hi all,
    Im scott from Devon, I have done all aspects of hunting since I was able to walk, Falconry being the start of my love for all country sports, and I have been hunting with birds of prey for nearly 18 years now. I have been out shooting on private land with shotguns etc but I have always wanted to take up Deer Stalking and now I really want to get into it and learn from scratch.
    Can anyone be helpful enough to advise me on the best route to take regarding getting into stalking as I would rather be shown and taught the basics before purchasing my own rilfe.
    I have just joined BASC so I can hopefully meet people and attend training events etc and learn that way.

I would also be looking at doing the DSC 1 course as I see from the BASC events you need to carry this to enter, and feel this would give me more knowledge within the sport.

I Look forward to being on here and learning and hopefully getting to know people local or not.

Scott.

Welcome to the site! I too started with falconry, some 23 yrs ago now. Not done any for a year or two now though. What birds do you fly?

Hi well Ive flown all types of birds, best was hunting with Golden Eagles in Scotland but since I now work 72 hours a week I dont have the time but my dad does the sport (he got me into it) and he has 2 Superior Harris Hawks both are now 12 years old and we have taken them to Scotland on a trip which was amazing. Once I drop my hours I will get back out again with the birds.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdevon View Post
    Hi well Ive flown all types of birds, best was hunting with Golden Eagles in Scotland but since I now work 72 hours a week I dont have the time but my dad does the sport (he got me into it) and he has 2 Superior Harris Hawks both are now 12 years old and we have taken them to Scotland on a trip which was amazing. Once I drop my hours I will get back out again with the birds.
    Great stuff, what were you after in Scotland? Hares? Fox?
    When you get into stalking you may find that you don't want to work 72hrs a week any more

With Golden Eagles it was Hares when took Hawks our female got 1 hare which was amazing and the male did his job getting the pheasants. Yeah well I just got first house so decided to work that much to get deposit and now I keep watching videos and reading about stalking Im already deciding to cut my hours, not to spend with the missis but to go out stalking

Hello and Welcome to the site

Regards
    Nev

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

welcome Scott not far from me then have to have a chat at some stage.