Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FLARE from moderator using NV

FLARE from moderator using NV

Wanting some advise please. I have the NITESITE WOLF and on one of the rifles (.22RF) I get a slight flare back from the SAK mod. I did some testing today and the flaring is coming from the lip of the mod were it screws to the barrel. How can I get rid of this, can I just spray the moderator with some matt black paint? Any other suggestions appreciated

Black sock
    scope shade

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Black sock
    scope shade
    I thought about a sunshade so tested using some rolled up card and it did not stop the flare

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    do you mean a glare from the rear of the mod or when you fire the mod (flash ? )

if its glare back we used a inner tube/dull rubber coating on the rear of the mod to dull down the shinny area of the mod, works a treat, and as mentioned a old blac sock and a rubber band.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    do you mean a glare from the rear of the mod or when you fire the mod (flash ? )

if its glare back we used a inner tube/dull rubber coating on the rear of the mod to dull down the shinny area of the mod, works a treat, and as mentioned a old blac sock and a rubber band.

bob.
    Bob, I am referring to glare back from the rear lip of the mod back in to the scope.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Sniper View Post
    Bob, I am referring to glare back from the rear lip of the mod back in to the scope.
    cheers bud

we used a bit of inner tube and it works a treat, if you find its still a bit shiny just rub it with a bit of those green kitchen scouring pad things to take the shine off it, you can use just enough to cover the rear of the mod or the whole thing, i had some old lycra type stuff and i just stitched it together and it works on my old mod (a sl5) that a mate purchased from me and he uses it on his 223 with a photon and its fine.

hope that helps

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Block out the bottom half of your day scope or spray the mod in matt.

Blog Entries
    i think i have some large heat shrink in the gun room, it fits on a ase jet z compact so it may fit the sak, ?

let me know bud.

bob.

As said above, tape over the bottom third or so of the objective end of the scope. It won't affect your sight picture, but should cut out the glare.

Quote Originally Posted by VSS View Post
    As said above, tape over the bottom third or so of the objective end of the scope. It won't affect your sight picture, but should cut out the glare.
    This.

Astonishingly effective.