Thread: your help

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

your help

Looking for advice and training help for young guns,

I have spent a load of time trawling the web for a good BRITISH field dressing video,

sadly i have not been able to locate a good one with a running commentary,( i do not want a US one as they all seem to be about what they do rather than what we should be doing as a basic technique)

i am looking for a good dvd with commentary stage by stage shots so that it could be shown to young potential guns to help gain a bit more than just a fleeting glimpse of what's done in the field.

things i have found that young guns can't or show dislike to is the following.

1, the removal of the pizzle.

2, the removal of the head in detail seems to be a hard one to find on a dvd (again with commentary)

3, location and identification of the lymph nodes (rumen) bronchial/mediastinal/portal, and the retro/submaxillary nodes etc.

its ok having stills but i would love to be able to have this on a dvd.without the common problems of things getting in the way.

thanks for your help in advance

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Just what I need. Not young but a novice

Watched David Stretton's dvd on my dsc 1 course, covered everything you are looking for.

DVD | Donington Deer Management

Hope this helps you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NoIDeer View Post
    Watched David Stretton's dvd on my dsc 1 course, covered everything you are looking for.

DVD | Donington Deer Management

Hope this helps you.
    NID

thank you

Ill get on to it in the morning

most kind.

thanks

bob.

ps: the oldest young gun here is 45. , and its not me.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Get the BDS one by Chris Howard.This is all you need.

SD Regular
    Bob,

The Jelen Youtube site has some very good short films and tips of various aspects of field dressing. The Stretton video is good, but some of the camera work is not as clear as it could be at key points. It's also an hour long, so you'll need to queue it carefully to get to the relevant bits. A mixture of techniques is always good to show and will keep an audience more engaged.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Get the BDS one by Chris Howard.This is all you need.
    cheers DM i have seen chris in action and thought the dvd was not that good, but i may have had a bad day when i watched it

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Bob,

The Jelen Youtube site has some very good short films and tips of various aspects of field dressing. The Stretton video is good, but some of the camera work is not as clear as it could be at key points. It's also an hour long, so you'll need to queue it carefully to get to the relevant bits. A mixture of techniques is always good to show and will keep an audience more engaged.
    hi EtR

i will have to make a selection of clips i think the best of whats out there.

hope alls well with you and the family.

bob.

I found that googling 'Field Dressing' was a waste of time, you just get Americans with moose, if you search for videos on 'gralloch' there are a few but not a lot of in detail, I also have Chris Howards dvd and found it very useful, although I would say after watching his dvd, I was expecting the gralloch to take 30 mins or so, but I found my mentor could do it in 5 minutes, so might be worth mentioning to young shots that once learnt it is relatively simple and not as time consuming?