Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Wanted!!! Wollte!!!!!

  1. #1

    Wanted!!! Wollte!!!!!

    I am looking for some one to become my German language Parent.
    I can use Google translate to communicate in written. But I am sure there is lots lost in translation.
    If there is anyone willing to help me. I would think we could use skype.

    Please could you Pm me if you are willing to help.

    Many thanks

    Ich bin auf der Suche nach jemandem, um mein Deutsch Eltern geworden.
    Ich kann Google übersetzen schriftlich kommunizieren. Aber ich bin sicher, es gibt viel in der Übersetzung verloren.
    Wenn es jemand bereit, mir zu helfen. Ich würde denken, wir skype verwenden.


    Bitte könnten Sie mir PM, wenn Sie bereit sind, zu helfen.


    vielen Dank

  2. #2
    Hello SimJim. It's not so much that things are lost but that things are mistranslated. It's a very approximate tool and no substitute for the real thing. It's not the Star Trek Universal Translator! It's certainly useful in that in enables communication of sorts, but I use it to check words and expressions, nothing else. A useful tip is to translate a word, then translate it back, and compare the outcomes. I go one further and translate to and from French also as an additional check. Words have difference nuances and uses in different languages even if they are technically the same.

  3. #3
    How might I best translate the following into German and with such detail that I’m not redirected to a Lounge Bar in Soho?

    Do you supply jean cut 6-pocket leather hunting trousers in olive?

    Cheers

    K

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Hello SimJim. It's not so much that things are lost but that things are mistranslated. It's a very approximate tool and no substitute for the real thing. It's not the Star Trek Universal Translator! It's certainly useful in that in enables communication of sorts, but I use it to check words and expressions, nothing else. A useful tip is to translate a word, then translate it back, and compare the outcomes. I go one further and translate to and from French also as an additional check. Words have difference nuances and uses in different languages even if they are technically the same.
    Exactly that. It is just a basic tool.
    Most of my hunting in the future will be in Europe. I get a lot of enquiries from Germany. Some times the barrier is just to high. I would like to start with the basics again. Just learning the phonics can help a great deal.

  5. #5
    should you need to ?


    Haben Sie liefern Jean Cut 6 -Pocket- LederhoseJagd in Olivenöl , mit Gummihosenträger ,





    Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    How might I best translate the following into German and with such detail that I’m not redirected to a Lounge Bar in Soho?

    Do you supply jean cut 6-pocket leather hunting trousers in olive?

    Cheers

    K

  6. #6
    I thought if you just spoke slowly and loudly everybody understood English anyway
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    Haben Sie liefern Jean Cut 6 -Pocket- LederhoseJagd in Olivenöl , mit Gummihosenträger ,

    "Have you to deliver John Cut-Pocket's leather trouser hunting in olive oil, with rubber suspenders?"

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post

    "Have you to deliver John Cut-Pocket's leather trouser hunting in olive oil, with rubber suspenders?"
    Brilliant!
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

    DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    should you need to ?


    Haben Sie liefern Jean Cut 6 -Pocket- LederhoseJagd in Olivenöl , mit Gummihosenträger ,
    So that's ok. But how would you go into a shop and ask for that. Can you break that down into phonetics?

  10. #10
    i haven't a clue!!! i would use Google Translate and pray they did't try to spit roast me, i'am english why on earth do i need to speak anything other than that ! its not my fault they are unable to understand me i can make my requests very clear just by shouting at them over sounding each word of the Queens English and waving my arms around like a windmill in at chat.
    also white socks with sandals on helps





    Quote Originally Posted by Simjim33 View Post
    So that's ok. But how would you go into a shop and ask for that. Can you break that down into phonetics?

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted ## wanted variable scope with ballistic turret £250 wanted ##
    By AllThingsShooting in forum Optics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31-10-2012, 15:27
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2011, 01:17
  3. WANTED WANTED SAKO 85
    By Tayfix in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30-03-2010, 14:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •