Thread: selling stag heads

selling stag heads

does anyone sell there stag heads? i have kept them all but have no use or anywhere to put them. thanks

I do,
    not that many but every now and then if I have a nice one and I can't bring myself to chuck it, chop it or keep it

doing one at the moment
    Nice even spread
    9 points but looks like 10!

Long Nose cut
    Oiled Oak shield
    pinned from the rear

be on eBay before the end of the month!

depending on size, shape and demand they can go for anything between 75-200

Have sold a few on e bay , average 50 for good 12 pointer.

Used to sell a lot of antler both cast and cut from heads that clients did not want, only ever sold one complete head
    prepared it for the client a teenager, his first stag but he was adamant he did not want it a big ten pointer,lay around the larder for a while until eventually I sold it , 6 months later got a telephone call from his
    Grandmother who was a regular guest of the estate owner saying he had changed his mind and could he please have it, of course he could!

Have you any idea how difficult it was to find another ten pointer that looked similar?

Luckily there were no photographs of the original!

All's well that ends well.

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    Used to sell a lot of antler both cast and cut from heads that clients did not want, only ever sold one complete head
    prepared it for the client a teenager, his first stag but he was adamant he did not want it a big ten pointer,lay around the larder for a while until eventually I sold it , 6 months later got a telephone call from his
    Grandmother who was a regular guest of the estate owner saying he had changed his mind and could he please have it, of course he could!

Have you any idea how difficult it was to find another ten pointer that looked similar?

Luckily there were no photographs of the original!

All's well that ends well.
    I am guessing that you just took one from the heads that you in stock and did not have to go out stalking looking for a similar one!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darkstalker View Post
    I am guessing that you just took one from the heads that you in stock and did not have to go out stalking looking for a similar one!!!!
    Now that would be telling

Had hundreds,Red,Fallow,Sika and roe,they traveled the length and breadth of Britain with me as job and location changed. I left them all as a present for wife number two when we parted because I never really had a use for them. Only kept three,one fallow on the shed,one over the door and the old buck on my avatar.
    Honour all men, Love the Brotherhood, Fear God, Honour the Queen.

Keep the Faith.