If money were no object?

Realtree

If you could all choose a "money no object" Rifle/Scope combination for all-round UK Stalking, What would it be?????

Just curious?;)

I would have double .303 rifle built for me by david mackay Brown on a round action
just for the fun of it .:doh:

sako 75 .243 1 in 10 keriger fluted varmint barrel throated for 70gr noslers nxs scope and jetz moddy plently good for all uk deer and boar two

Holland and holland here a snip think I may have 2 :eek::eek:
Or a nice 1927 one instead not bad investment
Sod it lets have the Overfinch Range Rover as well

Personally go for o/u double in 7x57r with swarovski z6 1.7-10x42
best of both woodland stalking plus be usable for driven Boar

Last edited:
Hmmmmm...:confused:

Possibly an R93 offroad in .308, titanium silencer, swarovski scope, harris bipod.

And whilst we're in the realms of 'money no object' fantasy, I'd hire Kelly Brooke to ferry me and my new rig - see above - around in a TDV8 Range-Rover....:D:D:D

A man can dream can't he?????:(

Would have to be something from holland&holland,don't know about the scope, get something custom made in titanium with gold plateing maybe.:lol:

Sako/FN Hi-Power (commercial Mauser 98 with a sako trigger) in 7x57 with an 8x56 S&B.

Merlin - you sure she can drive? I'd say you might want her as shotgun while you did the serious bit!

Sako/FN Hi-Power (commercial Mauser 98 with a sako trigger) in 7x57 with an 8x56 S&B.

Merlin - you sure she can drive? I'd say you might want her as shotgun while you did the serious bit!

Fair point.....there would be a case for making sure that you drove over the most rutted bits of track you could find with her sat next to you ;)

Mine would a be a Rigby combo gun (prob 7x57 / 375H&H) H&H custom mounts Swaro scope and no bloody mod -

Keep up the good replys guys, I feel a question like this will always give an answer full of high regard.

Purdey Mauser 98 in .275 H&H Magnum (just to be different) with a Swarovski Z6i 2-12x50 scope on Apel mounts or a Custom Grade M97 DL Schultz and Larsen in .300 Win Mag...........................I can but dream! :D

Chris

Stainless action and barrel, sythetic stock, 3-12 x50 schmidt in calibre of choice. Just right for these damp little islands.

sako 75 .243 1 in 10 keriger fluted varmint barrel throated for 70gr noslers nxs scope and jetz moddy plently good for all uk deer and boar two

Are you sure that if you could have any rifle you would use a .243 on boar?

I have often thought on such things myself, particularly when I count the change from £40 for a box of ammo. :eek:

I think what I would most like to do would be to take an example of every one of the comercially available models (.308, obviously!) to the range and enjoy a few days playing with them all. I'm more than happy with my 6x42 S&B 'scope so I'd have one of those on each. By the end of that little exercise I suspect that my groups would be little improved on those my current PH gives me nor offer any outstanding advantage over the old smoker.

There is life in the old thing yet and I warm to her touch every time I take her out (still talking about the PH!). If money really was no object then I think I would probably end up like Steve Lee, but the old PH would still be the first out of the box for those spring walks in the forest.

Back