Stewart Marsh

stugun

Hi, has anyone heard of Stewart Marsh??? he makes quality handmade knives, when i say handmade i mean everything from scratch flat bar to a knive also the sheaths, he has now started making them again after a time away.
Stewart will make you a knive to your own specifacation, Bushcraft, Stalker etc, my latest one from him is RWL 34 Stainless Steel Stalker knive, will post some pic's of mine soon, just wanted to know if anyone on here has a knive from Stewart???

Iv'e heard of stugun, he has one of these knives apparently, no relation I take it.

John

Hi, has anyone heard of Stewart Marsh??? he makes quality handmade knives, when i say handmade i mean everything from scratch flat bar to a knive also the sheaths, he has now started making them again after a time away.
Stewart will make you a knive to your own specifacation, Bushcraft, Stalker etc, my latest one from him is RWL 34 Stainless Steel Stalker knive, will post some pic's of mine soon, just wanted to know if anyone on here has a knive from Stewart???

Does he (you?) trade as SMC? Indeed the knives look great and I thought about getting one made a while ago but after months of leaving answer phone messages and emails which never got replied to I gave up. Obviously if Stewart Marsh is not connected with SMC then I apologise unreservidly for mentioning this. JC

I believe smc is the same person, there are lots of knife makers in this country that make the knives from start to finish themselves, there are also alot of knife putter togetherers.
stewart makes some nice knives.
Rwl 34 is a very good steel holds a good edge and easy to sharpen, not 100% stainless but it doesnt rust anything like 01 tool steel.
pk

My Stewart Marsh knife, not my thumb ring or dead dinosaur though!:D
Bushy.jpg

Hi All first time on the site found it the other night by chance. Looks an interesting site with lots of knowledge on here and will definately have a run through all the postings - eventually. Bit of a beginner deerstalker myself, had a few outings and a couple of deer bagged, very exciting though. Just to clear a couple of things up I am the knife maker Stewart Marsh and its just SM Handmade Knives. SMC or anything else is nothing to do with me. If you have ever emailled me you will get an answer within a couple of hours as my secretary or wife as she is otherwise known answers them for me regularly - nothing worse than emailling and not getting a reply - very frustrating. Well got to get back to heat treating but just had a spare 10 mins will be back soon.

Hi All first time on the site found it the other night by chance. Looks an interesting site with lots of knowledge on here and will definately have a run through all the postings - eventually. Bit of a beginner deerstalker myself, had a few outings and a couple of deer bagged, very exciting though. Just to clear a couple of things up I am the knife maker Stewart Marsh and its just SM Handmade Knives. SMC or anything else is nothing to do with me. If you have ever emailled me you will get an answer within a couple of hours as my secretary or wife as she is otherwise known answers them for me regularly - nothing worse than emailling and not getting a reply - very frustrating. Well got to get back to heat treating but just had a spare 10 mins will be back soon.

Welcome to the site Stewart. Please accept my appologies for confusing you with this other character. Best wishes, JC

Ive got one of his knives.. Its a lovely piece of work.. fantastic sheath, great blade and handle, all well put together.. Only problem is that im always afraid of losing it while stalking! (ive got a stalker opposed to woodlore). The stalker in my experience holds a fantastic edge. Well worth the money, my missus took the hint and bought me it for my birthday! ;)

Back