good wellys

paul o'

Chaps it that time again for me to get a pair of good wellys need good grip light but very warm for high seat or mud flats, can be used with thin'ish socks ,easy to get on and better still to get off !! vibram sole and arch support,, so to recap a carlsberg welly !! if there is such a thing, i have muck ta sport sub zero at the mo very warm but grip is bad and are a bugger to get off .

Aigle parcours 2 neoprene lined with anti fatigue. Cracking pair of comfortable warm boots I don't have the full zip but may invest in a pair.

You did say Wellies:

Hi Paul
I wanted a pair that would keep me warm in the winter doing clay pigeon shooting and safe to walk in. Did a load of research and found an American Brand called "Bogs". They have temperature ratings within their specification. Once I found the ones I wanted I Google model / brand until I got a really good price (less than 1/2 of some sights I found). Link to US site: http://www.bogsfootwear.com/shop/styleGridSearch.html They are available in UK.

thanks feller very similar to what i have found them amazon:thumb:

You did say Wellies:

Hi Paul
I wanted a pair that would keep me warm in the winter doing clay pigeon shooting and safe to walk in. Did a load of research and found an American Brand called "Bogs". They have temperature ratings within their specification. Once I found the ones I wanted I Google model / brand until I got a really good price (less than 1/2 of some sights I found). Link to US site: http://www.bogsfootwear.com/shop/styleGridSearch.html They are available in UK.

hi thanks i was going to get a pair as some one i know has them but i saw a bit that Aigle well the new types leak faster than they used to !! so sods law it would be mine that did lol.

Aigle parcours 2 neoprene lined with anti fatigue. Cracking pair of comfortable warm boots I don't have the full zip but may invest in a pair.

grubs /muck and the bogs all look the same and the soles look to have better grip the tightness will still prevent the easy removel of this type of boot, thanks for your posts so far lads.:tiphat:

I have recently got a pair of these Grub Boot Stalking 5.0 - Moss - 77.95 At Garden4less UK in camo I'm usually a 9 but found the 8 a perfect fit, very comfy vibram soul, good arch support, super warm, had to wear non thermal socks, as they were to hot else.

I really rate them and very cheap on the gardening site without added hunting tax ;)

grubs /muck and the bogs all look the same and the soles look to have better grip the tightness will still prevent the easy removel of this type of boot, thanks for your posts so far lads.:tiphat:

Not sure on Grubs / Muck but with Bogs I can remove mine wearing thick socks by toe to heal. :lol:

I have Le Chamou not the ones with a useless zip. Just the neoprene lined.This my second pair in 10 years and in my job I wear them every day for at least 9 months of the year plus shooting,beating and stalking.Without doubt the best £180 I have ever spent.
Tusker

I have Le Chamou not the ones with a useless zip. Just the neoprene lined.This my second pair in 10 years and in my job I wear them every day for at least 9 months of the year plus shooting,beating and stalking.Without doubt the best £180 I have ever spent.
Tusker
I agree Tusker. Le chameau vierzonord are the most comfy and longest lasting wellies I've had. I wear them for work everyday in the winter( and summer if it's wet) and they are the only wellies I've had that last the magic 12 months. All the others ( and I've tried nearly every brand) only last 5-7 months.

I bought 3 pairs of the old style Le Shampoo leather chasseurs with the old logo and zip. They will see me out.

Back