Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parker hale cleaning rod

Parker hale cleaning rod

Hi, I have the old rifle cleaning rod, it's red in colour, the end is a male fit and am trying to buy new brushes and they all seem to be for a female end, I've heard you can get adapters, can some kind members point me in the right direction, by the way it's for a .243.
    thanks neil

Most gun shops will stock both types of brushes however you can buy a male-female adapter to enable you more choice. I had the same problem back in Jan and my local shop sorted me out. Best, J

Cleaning Rod Adapters Pliers - Midway UK

Above is an example but your local shop will prob be cheaper due to midways postage costs.

I got some a while ago on the Bay of E: behold! there are still some there - 171417102508

I take it you have a red-handled rod covered in grey plastic, which is the .22 size. The .270 size is black handle, yellow rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalua View Post
    I got some a while ago on the Bay of E: behold! there are still some there - 171417102508

I take it you have a red-handled rod covered in grey plastic, which is the .22 size. The .270 size is black handle, yellow rod.
    no that's the thing mate, the rod I have is brass knob handle and red plastic shaft, I think it's real old.

I've look through some old PH catalogues back to 1941, and I'm afraid the best I can come up with is that it might well be the same thread as the current .22" rod.
    Not so much use, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalua View Post
    I've look through some old PH catalogues back to 1941, and I'm afraid the best I can come up with is that it might well be the same thread as the current .22" rod.
    Not so much use, I'm afraid.
    thanks for looking mate, I will go to local shop tomorrow, and see what he has.
    neil

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    no that's the thing mate, the rod I have is brass knob handle and red plastic shaft, I think it's real old.
    We have a number of such old rods at the rifle club. Both the centrefire and .22 rods have maroon coloured plastic coating on the old rods and not the yellow and grey jackets of the more modern Parker Hale rods. All take the standard Parker Hale fittings which are available from nearly all gun shops.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

have you tried jim silvestri at Lhanbryde? Had a new brush and jag for a parker hale rod no long ago, female fitting for a male rod.

good morning Sir . Pro shot do adaptors for PH rods which enable you to then use pro shot brushes and jags . The small adaptor is used for the grey coated / red handled 22-6.5 mm PH rod, and the large adaptor is used for the yellow coated /black handled 270 and up rod. cost for the adaptors is 4 and pro shot brushes are 1.75. We have them in stock . If you require any call us on 01948 841021, respectfully Mike Norris , Brock and Norris custom Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by speyloon View Post
    have you tried jim silvestri at Lhanbryde? Had a new brush and jag for a parker hale rod no long ago, female fitting for a male rod.
    Cheers speyloon, Ahl nip in the morn.
    neil