Isle of Arran

Marc m

Hi all

i have just booked up for Arran in January, can anyone recommend low/mid cost B&B/self catering.

Or post code of Arran would be good so I can look on net.

thanks
Marc

Hi we stayed at hunters lodge guest house two minutes from good restaurants and bistro it was very nice and stalker friendly.

I have stayed in a cracking wee self catering cottage called bridgend holiday cottage on the string road near shiskine with one bedroom and a sofa bed . The bed splits into 2 singles

I have stayed in a cracking wee self catering cottage called bridgend holiday cottage on the string road near shiskine with one bedroom and a sofa bed . The bed splits into 2 singles
Will give it a look.

thanks Marc

Will give it a look.

thanks Marc
I was on Isle of Arran for Red Stags last week... Are you going there through the BASC permit scheme? If so make sure you ask them to give you a beat as close as possible to your accommodation. You don't want a 30min drive 4 times a day for your stalking. I had mine 5min from the house we rented. All the area mentioned are beautiful... you cant go wrong anywhere on the island. Just try to get your beat close as poss. BASC endeavour to do that anyway... but not all were so lucky as me! Get in early ;) enjoy.

I was on Isle of Arran for Red Stags last week... Are you going there through the BASC permit scheme? If so make sure you ask them to give you a beat as close as possible to your accommodation. You don't want a 30min drive 4 times a day for your stalking. I had mine 5min from the house we rented. All the area mentioned are beautiful... you cant go wrong anywhere on the island. Just try to get your beat close as poss. BASC endeavour to do that anyway... but not all were so lucky as me! Get in early ;) enjoy.
Yes doing week 3 hinds, very much looking forward to it.
1st time! Only booked it 2 days ago.
Do you have the number for the house? Is there a bar and shop close?

Thanks
Marc

Yes doing week 3 hinds, very much looking forward to it.
1st time! Only booked it 2 days ago.
Do you have the number for the house? Is there a bar and shop close?

Thanks
Marc

I went with 5 friends so we rented a pretty large house. The important thing is to try to get your beat close to your house. You can rent a small house anywhere you fancy.. so find a good deal and go with that. BASC have a lot of land there so should be able to hook you up with a beat not too far off. There is a co-op large and small one in Brodick ( spelling) café, pharmacy etc. That's your main place for stocking up. A few post offices and little shops here and there but really its Brodick for getting what you need. Where ever you are on the Island it is not too far away. Its a very easy place to get around. I was about 25min from brodick. 20 for a faster driver! But I went in a few days just for a drive! You will have a great time.. enjoy. We are returning next year even though there was 4 shot in the week out of 16 people!! I had one. Thee are a number of reasons for that.. the week before was much better. I saw plenty of hinds and could have had one most outings.

Thanks to all.

I have now getting a cottage in Brodick.
I'm sure it will be a good week.

Maybe I am too late. Years ago I used to have a pint at the Corrie Hotel. It seemed to be nice and not too expensive.

:lol: Hi Ian, how's them eyebrows? :rofl:, we used to try to get on the point handy like, previous experiences taught us to! Odd players having to return to the vehicle for munitions

Back