Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RWS Evolution Green

RWS Evolution Green

Trying to find out more about European ammunition as American stuff is so hard to come by consistently these days. Has anyone used RWS Evolution Green on anything and how much were they?

SD Regular
    I have used the RWS 270 Winchester 156 grain capped expanding ammunition. I found it no more nor less accurate than any other factory ammunition in MY rifle. It may perform better in yours. I found that in one of MY rifles that my handloads gave a smaller group than the RWS stuff.

Enfield I believe that Sako was particularly asking about the evolution bullet which is lead free if I remember correctly.

http://rws-munition.de/en/hunting/se...1bbf8d30f20faf

Sellior & Bellot produce something similar and most of the reports that I have read about these bullets are not complimentary.
    http://www.sellier-bellot.cz/downloa...ss-release.pdf
    Last edited by 8x57; 24-10-2014 at 10:10.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

It would be interesting to know how the nickel plating on these bullets affects rifle bores -- wear? metal fouling? friction co-efficients etc on both high chrome & stainless barrels - any good metalurgists out there??

Ian

SD Regular
    Enfield I believe that Sako was particularly asking about the evolution bullet which is lead free if I remember correctly.
    Ah. I had though he meant these.

RWS | Rottweil: RWS centerfire rifle cartridges

I didn't realise that there was a lead free one as well. Doh!

Will try and get hold of some in .308 (136g) and report back. Using them on Roe, looking for a factory lead free alternative and struggling to find anything suitable.

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    Ah. I had though he meant these.

RWS | Rottweil: RWS centerfire rifle cartridges

I didn't realise that there was a lead free one as well. Doh!
    Too much choice mate, we can't keep track of all the RWS bullets that they make. Just a pity that they aren't more freely available in gun shops in this country as reloading components, but that's down to RUAG's marketing policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sako308 View Post
    Will try and get hold of some in .308 (136g) and report back. Using them on Roe, looking for a factory lead free alternative and struggling to find anything suitable.
    Is that because of a stipulation by the landowner that you must use factory lead free ammunition - forestry commission perhaps?
    I had heard that the forestry commission had set aside the lead free stipulation because of problems that had arisen, was I misinformed and do they still specify such ammo?

Just personal reasons, we eat a lot of what we shoot and with three young children I want to reduce their lead exposure. As you know most conventional bullets while very effective are shedding sometimes up to a third of their mass into the beast in the form of metal fragments, you can see pictures on line of various deer that have been x-rayed after being shot and the dispersal of lead fragments is alarming. Not really bothered for myself so much but lead is especially toxic to younger developing children. I know many think this nonsense but the evidence is there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	48398Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	48399
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg