At last...The rebarrel is complete.

Jager SA

Just thought I'd put a couple of pics up of this as I know there has been a little traffic on this particular action not so long ago.

Its a Medwell and Perret (Mayfair Engineering) mauser action.
Yes I know lot will argue they are clunky but it is a thing of beauty and believe it or not the action is smooth as silk, it just needs hardening as its in a soft state, I'm hoping he will go with case hardening.
This has been hanging around for some time waiting for the customer to decide what to do, he did, so here it is.
Alas, my part of the job was only to barrel and proof the project.

Last edited:
Case Hardened finish would be beautiful in my opinion.
Did you profile the barrel?

Yorkie.

Yes I think case hardening is the way to go but that's up to the customer...it's taken over a year to get to this stage! Lol

I can't take all the credit for the barrel, still not got the profiler to my liking so I had help, turned out nice though. Amazing what you can do with cauldron, few frogs legs and hand from Gandalph. :)

I do like the raw stainless look I think it oozes quality ooooh nice as opposed to it being blasted dull stainless

even if it takes another year to update please keep the updates coming

Who's barrel have you put on it ?

Did you used to do Cerakote finishes at one time ? if so I think you may have done the coating on my .300 Win Mag

Who's barrel have you put on it ?

Did you used to do Cerakote finishes at one time ? if so I think you may have done the coating on my .300 Win Mag

The barrel is one of Arthur Smiths of Colchester, I still do the coatings, busy as ever.

Mine was the .300 Win Mag that was returned to you as a box of parts by Border Barrels and subsequently fitted with a Lothar Walther barrel.

Back