Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you need SNOW CAMO for the hill in January

Do you need SNOW CAMO for the hill in January

HI everyone

Another 'Novice' question, do you need to wear some sort of 'Snow' type camo on the hill (obviously when it is snowing). There is a very small chance that I might get up to Scotland for a chance to get after some Red, just wondering if its needed and if so, what the more experienced guys are using??? if any what would be your the recommendations??
    Last edited by Bladerunner; 26-10-2014 at 01:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
    HI everyone

Another 'Novice' question, do you need to wear some sort of 'Snow' type camo on the hill (obviously when it is snowing). There is a very small chance that I might get up to Scotland for a chance to get after some Red, just wondering if its needed and if so, what the more experienced guys are using??? if any what would be your the recommendations??

I use a white overalls cheep and cheerful. I have tryed the disposable ones they tare easy and you look like the victim of a lion attack.

Regards kev.
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

You dont really have to. Also remember if you do wear camo you should always have something brightly coloured/ contrasting in case you need to be found

You don't need camo a pair of white overalls will do just as well,you can buy proper snow suits, but some of them have a finish that causes you to cast a shadow, not a lot of good when the deer can't see you but they can see a human shaped shadow moving across the face of the hill.

mmm well looks like a bed sheet with a few very suspect stains K

i use white chemical spraying suits in the snow they are very effective as the crows and pigeons was flighting down over head about 10 feet from us......

Didn't think of just white overalls, that is great guys thank you, I have a couple of the heavier spray suits at work problem solved

Before I took up stalking I asked around if someone would take me out to let me see what it was all about. We arrived at the ground to discover snow, which we hadn't expected. All my guide had in the car was a white lab-coat which he wore with a balaclava. I would not recommend trying this look unless you are keen to get to meet an armed response unit.

No simple. ..... Camo is not essential just careful moment.